Zoom meeting tasting notes

tim

Re: Zoom meeting tasting notes

Post by tim »

I bought three splits of the 2001 Yquem, opened one with JimHow, Danny, Larry and Francois. Was amazing. But waaaaaay too young. Holding the others for a long long time.

Personally, I love the 88. It has been my favorite for awhile, and one of the first Yquem's I ever tasted. I think the 2001 will eclipse it, but for now, it has a special place in my heart over any other.
tim

Post by tim »

Thank you, Harry, for the enablement. Just spent about 800 euros on Sauternes. Gotta get through this lockdown...
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Well done, Timmy McCracken. Very well done indeed.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

After 3 days opened, the 2015 Siran is still very good, more on the wild slightly bitter red cherries, vines wood, minerals, and sour red berries. Maybe some black cocoa on the final. I should have been back to ot a.bit sooner.

Nose.has definitely fade much.

Nic
JeanFred

Post by JeanFred »

Nicklasss wrote:2015 Chateau Siran is an excellent, even more than excellent fot the price. Dark color, nose of concentrated blackberries and red Margaux berries, light spices, light oak and some rasberries. In mouth, young but with that balanced power, flavored with red berries, cinnamon, spices, more red fruits. Oak well integrated in the fruit. The 14 % alcohol is just at the limited right level. Will improve easily on 10 years. Tn: 91.

That was another great moment of BWE.

Nic
Before the wine, people! I really had a great time with the ZOOM, thank to all

The wine, like Nicolas, I opened Siran 2015. at the opening, the wine had good tannic mass, after 45 minutes, the wine started to give us all the charm of Margaux. Nicolas described pretty well the wine. A classic nose of a youth Margaux. On the palate, a nice richness, tannins with a beautiful velvet! 91

Just after, I openned Prieuré Lichine 2010. Just better and Delicious. Complexe Nose, margaux berries, spices, a bit hazelnut and a hint leather. With decanting, The mouth as the nose is just super, explosif, already open, well balance with tannins and a fresh red berry acidity. Excellent 92+-93.

A unknown Margaux but always good

JeanFred
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

To me, Prieuré Lichine is a very well-known Margaux. My father and I bought 3 cases of the 1983 together during a trip to Zachys back in 1987. I ended up inheriting his bottles in the '90s, and every one has been a fond memory.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

The 2016 Prieure Lichine is stunning.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

The 90 P. Lichine was very good. Never had the 83, but the 82 is a credible wine. But it was always an inconsistent 4th growth at best.

It seemed they turned up their quality with the 2000 vintage. The 2005 is strong.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Yes, they have increased quality and consistency since 2000.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

Found a bottle of 1983 Prieure Lichine in the cellar. Wonder how it’s doing now
?

Chris Bublitz
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I’d love to hear how it’s doing Chris. I drank my last ones about 10 years ago. Those that were stored in my actively cooled cellar were starting to decline, those from my father’s passive cellar were faded.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Likewise. I had some lovely bottles of 1983 Prieure-Lichine a decade or two ago...please report back if you pop it Chris.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Ditto with the 83 PL and last bottle drank at least 15 years back and it still brings back great memories of the mixed case bought at auction with buddies when charity auctions were still in vogue. The 3 bottles of PL were all superb but I thought the last bottle was at it's peak in around 2005. I'll be interested to see how it's doing currently. Certainly back then I felt that it was a bargain and one of the darlings in the case along with 3 86 Leoville Barton 3 83 Conseillante and 3 86 Cos. The other bottles and especially the conseillante were excellent. Too bad none left.
Danny
AKR

Post by AKR »

I've got a 2005 Prieure Lichine I've been waiting to drink with some of the local cadres. For an estate with a good reputation it seems to get much less board TLC than say Cantemerle.