Trivia questions from my wine cellar (and yours).

Blanquito

Re: Trivia questions from my wine cellar (and yours).

Post by Blanquito »

OrlandoRobert wrote:Will I be banned if I admit that a Bordeaux does not come in as my number one? Sociando is number 3 in my collection. The first two I’ll leave for you all to guess. I’m guessing that only the boys from the “other” wine board will come close on this one.
#1 Baudry
#2 Levet
Honorable mention for top 3: Thivin
marcs

Post by marcs »

I have a bunch of stuff still to be inventoried from spring shipping season that will change my figures -- for one thing, per the tasting note I put up last week, I think Chevillon is going to vault from a low-mid level holding up to one of my most common holdings.

But as of now, I have 888 bottles. My second most common holding is pretty easy to guess, at 62 bottles or 7% of my cellar, is easy to guess -- Pichon Baron.

But you'll never guess my top holding. It surprised even me and I'm not sure how happy I am about it. I'll give you two hints -- it's not Bordeaux and I will get zero cool points for it :D . Any guesses?

My cellar seems to be concentrated among a more limited number of producers than some of the examples above...I've tended to lock in on certain producers over the years.
Last edited by marcs on Mon May 04, 2020 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

marcs wrote:I have a bunch of stuff still to be inventoried from spring shipping season that will change my figures -- for one thing, per the tasting note I put up last week, I think Chevillon is going to vault from a low-mid level holding up to one of my most common holdings.

But as of now, I have 888 bottles. My second most common holding is pretty easy to guess, at 62 bottles or 7% of my cellar, is easy to guess -- Pichon Baron.

But you'll never guess my top holding. It surprised even me and I'm not sure how happy I am about it. I'll give you two hints -- it's not Bordeaux and I will get zero cool points for it lol.
Robert Mondavi.
marcs

Post by marcs »

Blanquito wrote:
marcs wrote:I have a bunch of stuff still to be inventoried from spring shipping season that will change my figures -- for one thing, per the tasting note I put up last week, I think Chevillon is going to vault from a low-mid level holding up to one of my most common holdings.

But you'll never guess my top holding. It surprised even me and I'm not sure how happy I am about it. I'll give you two hints -- it's not Bordeaux and I will get zero cool points for it lol.
Robert Mondavi.
Good guess! There was a period where I loaded up on a lot of 1990s Mondavi Reserves, but now I am down to just a case of them. I decided I'd prefer to spend a bit more and focus on Togni for my main California producer.

But it's similar to Mondavi although for a totally different region -- who is the producer you would have a lot of if you were seeking out fairly well made but low priced bargains across the whole range of appellations for a very famous wine region?
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Blanquito wrote:
OrlandoRobert wrote:Will I be banned if I admit that a Bordeaux does not come in as my number one? Sociando is number 3 in my collection. The first two I’ll leave for you all to guess. I’m guessing that only the boys from the “other” wine board will come close on this one.
#1 Baudry
#2 Levet
That’s damn good guessing! Levet is two!

1. Gonon
2. Levet
3. Sociando
4. Baudry
5. Roilette

I drink Thivin way too fast!!

Magdelaine and Lanessan crack my top 10. And I have more Bordeaux than any other wine region, it’s just far more diverse than my concentration in Northern Rhône and Loire.

I’m drinking a 2016 Gonon Iles Feray right this very minute, and last night a 2007 Levet. Such killer stuff.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I currently have 2638 bottles, from 421 different producers. 13 of my top 20 producers are Bordeaux.

Any guesses on my top 3? Not as easy as I would have thought to guess, looking at my spreadsheet, in that my top 2 aren’t bordeaux.

For context:
Red Bordeaux - 45.9% of my cellar
Italy - 13.2%
USA - 8.5%
Dessert Wine - 7.7%
White Wine (excluding German Riesling) - 6.0%
German Riesling - 5.1% (of which 2001 Germany is 35.1% of that total)
Rhone - 5.5%
Champagne - 4.8%
Spain - 2.6%
Port - 0.8%

My Bordeaux holdings broken down by vintage:
2014/15/16 - 4.5%
2010 - 6.2%
2009 - 12.8%
2005 - 23.4%
2003 - 3.2%
2000 - 5.9%
2001/2/4/6/7/8 - 11.7%
1991-1999 - 13.5%
1990 and earlier - 18.8%
Last edited by Blanquito on Mon May 04, 2020 1:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

OrlandoRobert wrote:
Blanquito wrote:
#1 Baudry
#2 Levet
That’s damn good guessing! Levet is two!

1. Gonon
2. Levet
3. Sociando
4. Baudry
5. Roilette

I drink Thivin way too fast!!

Magdelaine and Lanessan crack my top 10. And I have more Bordeaux than any other wine region, it’s just far more diverse than my concentration in Northern Rhône and Loire.

I’m drinking a 2016 Gonon Iles Feray right this very minute, and last night a 2007 Levet. Such killer stuff.
Ah yes, Gonon! Of course! I wouldn't have guessed Roilette, who to be honest I only really heard of last month, but I figured a Beaujolais had to be high on the list.
marcs

Post by marcs »

Here are the rest of my top ten, including estimates for my un-inventoried purchases this winter that are still coming in:

10: Pousse d'Or (23 bottles)
9: Geantet Pansiot (24 bottles)
8: Grand Puy Lacoste (24 bottles)
7: La Conseillante (25 bottles)
6: Philip Togni (30 bottles)
5: Bouchard Pere+Fils (37 bottles)
4: Leoville Barton (37 bottles)
3: Robert Chevillon (43 bottles)
2: Pichon Baron (62 bottles)
1: ???

You can really tell a lot from this exercise, it's interesting. These producers are mostly long time objects of affection, with the exception of Geantet Pansiot (very good producer but I have two cases because I got a crazy great deal on some auction lots -- should have bought more than two cases) and Chevillon who I have always liked a lot but just recently decided to stock up on.

It would be interesting to see it go up and down over time too. Like, Pousse d'Or is a producer who was key in turning me to Burgundy but over the years I sort of drifted away from them because they were reliably good but rarely great, now I have almost as many Hudelot Noellat (21) as Pousse d'Or and I just got turned on to them a few years ago.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

marcs wrote:
Blanquito wrote:

Robert Mondavi.
Good guess! There was a period where I loaded up on a lot of 1990s Mondavi Reserves, but now I am down to just a case of them. I decided I'd prefer to spend a bit more and focus on Togni for my main California producer.

But it's similar to Mondavi although for a totally different region -- who is the producer you would have a lot of if you were seeking out fairly well made but low priced bargains across the whole range of appellations for a very famous wine region?
This is fun. Based on the context you added, I would guess Louis Latour.
marcs

Post by marcs »

Blanquito wrote:I currently have 2638 bottles, from 421 different producers. 13 of my top producers are Bordeaux.

Any guesses on my top 3? Not as easy as I would have guessed, looking at the totals.
Harder to guess when you have so many bottles. I know everyone will guess this, but is Magdelaine one of the top three?
marcs

Post by marcs »

Blanquito wrote:
marcs wrote:
Blanquito wrote: Robert Mondavi.

This is fun. Based on the context you added, I would guess Louis Latour.
LOL, ok you've got the right region but I wouldn't go that low. What would be the good taste, defensible, actually good version of Louis Latour?
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

marcs wrote: LOL, ok you've got the right region but I wouldn't go that low. What would be the good taste, defensible, actually good version of Louis Latour?
Has to be Jadot then, right?
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

marcs wrote:
Blanquito wrote:I currently have 2638 bottles, from 421 different producers. 13 of my top producers are Bordeaux.

Any guesses on my top 3? Not as easy as I would have guessed, looking at the totals.
Harder to guess when you have so many bottles. I know everyone will guess this, but is Magdelaine one of the top three?
Close! Magdelaine makes my top 5.
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Has to be Jadot then?

I just picked up a bunch of back vintage Jadot bottles from across the region and so far don't regret at all, yet.
marcs

Post by marcs »

Blanquito wrote:
marcs wrote: LOL, ok you've got the right region but I wouldn't go that low. What would be the good taste, defensible, actually good version of Louis Latour?
Nailed it! 63 bottles of Jadot, edging out Pichon Baron by one. The full range, from Beaune premier crus up to about two cases of Grand Crus (Bonne Mares, Clos St. Denis, Corton Pougets, Latricieres Chambertin). When I decided I wanted to get into Burgundy I made a practice of finding good half-case lots of Jadot Grand Crus for "reasonable" prices (Burgundy-corrected reasonable). My last Jadot purchase is the Bonne Mares from Musigny 151's auction sale.

Not quite sure how I feel about having loaded up on so much Jadot, I have had a range of good experiences from them but have rarely hit the jackpot -- the 1998 Clos de Beze is the only wine of theirs that really blew me away. DId have some very good experiences with an 09 Suchot and Estournelles St. Jacques and my last 96 Bonne Mares, and the Beaune Premiers were very solid for the price, so it definitely hasn't been a write off. But I've been coming to feel that I would prefer fewer bottles with a greater chance of really loving them, so I should aim for producers who have a greater chance of dazzling me.

P.S. just saw your note saying you picked up a bunch of Jadots and don't regret it -- I agree that they are a good producer to explore Burgundy with, they age extremely well, are always at least competent, and seem pretty terroir-transparent (at least I find their wines from different appellations to vary a lot in character based on the appellation and vintage rather than a single Jadot style). They just haven't dazzled me so far. That may change though!
marcs

Post by marcs »

Blanquito wrote:
marcs wrote:

Close! Magdelaine makes my top 5.
Meyney?

Sociando?

Ridge?

(Although your low holdings of U.S. wines compared to Bordeaux makes it unlikely that Ridge is a top three).
Last edited by marcs on Mon May 04, 2020 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcs

Post by marcs »

Realizing now that once all my recent arrivals are inventoried then Huet will get into the lower reaches of my top ten -- made a policy decision that they are going to be my "Riesling" wine to go with Asian food, etc. Only disadvantage being that they are not as low in alcohol as Riesling, but I LOVE the flavor, acidity, and texture.
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

marcs wrote:
Blanquito wrote:
Nailed it! 63 bottles of Jadot, edging out Pichon Baron by one. The full range, from Beaune premier crus up to about two cases of Grand Crus (Bonne Mares, Clos St. Denis, Corton Pougets, Latricieres Chambertin). When I decided I wanted to get into Burgundy I made a practice of finding good half-case lots of Jadot Grand Crus for "reasonable" prices (Burgundy-corrected reasonable). My last Jadot purchase is the Bonne Mares from Musigny 151's auction sale.

Not quite sure how I feel about having loaded up on so much Jadot, I have had a range of good experiences from them but have rarely hit the jackpot -- the 1998 Clos de Beze is the only wine of theirs that really blew me away. DId have some very good experiences with an 09 Suchot and Estournelles St. Jacques and my last 96 Bonne Mares, and the Beaune Premiers were very solid for the price, so it definitely hasn't been a write off. But I've been coming to feel that I would prefer fewer bottles with a greater chance of really loving them, so I should aim for producers who have a greater chance of dazzling me.

P.S. just saw your note saying you picked up a bunch of Jadots and don't regret it -- I agree that they are a good producer to explore Burgundy with, they age extremely well, are always at least competent, and seem pretty terroir-transparent (at least I find their wines from different appellations to vary a lot in character based on the appellation and vintage rather than a single Jadot style). They just haven't dazzled me so far. That may change though!
I got a lot of recent good deals on some. I'll update you on how they are, or hopefully share some! Picked up 1990 Ruchottes Chambertin, 1990/2010 Pougots, 2010 Mazis, 2006 Echezeaux, 2010 Chapelle Chambertin, 09 Estournelles, Also some 1er Cru Puligny's. That 97 chapelle and the 09 estournelles were both awesome at the December dinner.

PS, I just picked up a some 89,97,02 Huet(a few different premiere trie's of each vintage)
marcs

Post by marcs »

I have the 2011 Jadot Chapelle Chambertin so happy to do a vertical when sharing in person is safe again (as someone over 50 I'm pretty spooked by this virus thing).

On the Jadot Grand Cru level, both the 2010 Latricieres Chambertin and the 2010 Corton Pougets were locked down tight when I/we tried them over the last year or so. Felt like they needed a decade :-(. You are the right age to be laying aside some of these wines!

Got a fantastic deal when I initially bought the 09 Estournelles and went looking for more, but found the price has gone through the roof. I still have two more bottles though, which is nice!
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

For blanquito, no uno is Ridge. Number two, I'll try Donhoff.

JoelD no uno, maybe Dominus (is there a more Bordeaux style Napa wine?).

Nic
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

marcs wrote:I have the 2011 Jadot Chapelle Chambertin so happy to do a vertical when sharing in person is safe again (as someone over 50 I'm pretty spooked by this virus thing).

On the Jadot Grand Cru level, both the 2010 Latricieres Chambertin and the 2010 Corton Pougets were locked down tight when I/we tried them over the last year or so. Felt like they needed a decade :-(. You are the right age to be laying aside some of these wines!

Got a fantastic deal when I initially bought the 09 Estournelles and went looking for more, but found the price has gone through the roof. I still have two more bottles though, which is nice!
Sounds good, I am still hoping to find some of the 97 Chapelle too. But yes those other 2010's are going down for a while for sure. Just tucked them away in storage when I did a Full-on re-org on friday!

And Nicola, fantastic guess sir. well done. Although I loved Dominus a bit more a a couple years ago than I do now. But they are the wines that first got me into collecting. And I love their second wine, Napanook.

I would argue that there are other Napa wines that taste more Bordeaux-like sometimes. However Dominus is definitely up there
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

You guys are good, got most of my top 5. Ridge is indeed my top producer, by quite a bit. But like Jadot, Ridge makes so many wines (including really good chardonnay and dessert wines, and a decent rose!) at reasonable prices, and have been doing it for so long, it's easy to accumulate.

Here's my top 20, but with the number 2 spot left bank as it hasn't been guessed yet. If I told you the region, you would guess it in a heart beat.

Rank Producer Bottle count
1. Ridge (all vineyards and varietals) - 129 bottles
2. ??? - 85
3. Grand Puy Lacoste - 59 (oh the shame!)
4 (tie). Magdelaine - 55
4 (tie). Sociando Mallet - 55
6. Cantemerle - 46
7. Pichon Lalande - 36
8. Canon - 33
9. Beychevelle - 31
10. Edmunds St. John (syrah and rhone blends) - 29
11 (tie). Calon Segur - 28
11 (tie). d'Issan - 28
11 (tie). Levet (Cote Rotie) - 28*
11 (tie). JJ Prum (all prädikat levels) - 28
15. Domaine de Chevalier (blanc and rouge) - 26
16 (tie). Carbonnieux (blanc and rouge) - 25
16 (tie). Lagrange - 25
18 (tie). Branaire Ducru - 24
18 (tie). Chateau Musar - 24
18 (tie). JJ Christoffel (all prädikat levels) - 24
18 (tie). La Lagune - 24

*all due to OrlandoBooby's initial endorsement just a few years ago - I tried the 06 Chavaroche, fell in love and loaded up on more Chavaroche and Journaries, mostly from '06,'10, '13, and '16.
Last edited by Blanquito on Mon May 04, 2020 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
stefan

Post by stefan »

Here is the list of my top five holdings currently.

1. St Innocent
2. Domaine Drouhin
3. Ridge
4. La Lagune
5. Jadot

A majority of my bottles are from Bordeaux, of course. Ridge makes the only Zins I drink. I have many different PN and as well as white wine from the two Oregon properties, and of course Jadot makes a huge number of different wines. I have more La Lagune than any other single wine by a large margin.
marcs

Post by marcs »

Wow Blanquito, based on the percentages you gave Ridge is well over half of your U.S. holdings! Not too into your native U.S. wines outside of them apparently. Their range helps, as you point out they do everything from one of the best U.S. Cabs to Zinfandel and Chardonnay.

No shame in GPL! I actually realized that some of my numbers above are way off because I keep my lists of purchased but not inventoried wines in a totally different place. I bought 9 bottles of 1995 GPL that bring my Grand Puy Lacoste holdings up to 33 bottles, which I think would be a greater percentage of my cellar than yours. I have 1995, 2000, 2005, 2009, 2010, and 2014 GPL -- not one vintage to be ashamed of among any of those!

Interesting to see Beychevelle so high on your list. I have noticed you have a fondness for Beychevelle in your tasting notes, somewhat to my surprise as you don't see them among peoples' favorites that often. I bought a few bottles of the 2016 based on your very convincing note.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I am a huge, huge fan of Beychevelle, Marcus. Like most of Bordeaux, it's gone more modern since at least 2009 to be sure, but it is still very classy. I have been fortunate enough to taste the 59, 64, 66, 70, 75, 78, 82, 83, 85, 85, 88, 89, 90, 95, 96, 00, 05, 09 and 16, and I would put it in my top 5 favorite chateau (once price is factored in).

When "on", the 82, 85 and 86 are all 94-96pt wines, and the 83 is a 92-93pt wine. The older stuff has been sensational too, but I've not had those repeatedly. For a long stretch, from 2009-2016 or so (when I was active in the online auction market), the 83, 85 and 86 were available for $50-$90, and the 82 could be had for just north of $100. Prices have gone way up for those vintages, unfortunately.

I have enjoyed the 95, 96 and 00, but not nearly as much as the best 80s vintages. The 90s one I've had are quite herbaceous by Bordeaux standards, almost more Loire. Still very good, but lacking an extra gear. I think the 2005 is gonna be great some day.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

marcs wrote:Wow Blanquito, based on the percentages you gave Ridge is well over half of your U.S. holdings! Not too into your native U.S. wines outside of them apparently. Their range helps, as you point out they do everything from one of the best U.S. Cabs to Zinfandel and Chardonnay.
Of my USA red wines only, Ridge is 44%, as I have 29 bottles of Ridge Chardonnay, Rose or dessert wine. I am not a fan of most American red wines, though I count myself a St Innocent man (and there are several other Oregon pinot noirs I quite happily buy, cellar and drink), and I really enjoy many Napa cabs from 1996 and older. Post-1996, the only cabernet I've bought from the USA is from Togni, Mount Eden, Forman, and of course Ridge.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Jacques, you know me too well!
I was surprised to see it.

My #2 is also an exclusively white wine producer. I may have to turn in my BWE secret decoder ring. The reason is I buy broadly in Bordeaux and narrowly elsewhere.

My top 5 Bdx:
Pichon Lalande
Haut Bailly
Conseillante
Lynch Bages
Pichon Baron
tim

Post by tim »

Ok, I definitely need to update my CT. Maybe that is a project for next weekend...
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Blanquito wrote:
marcs wrote:Wow Blanquito, based on the percentages you gave Ridge is well over half of your U.S. holdings! Not too into your native U.S. wines outside of them apparently. Their range helps, as you point out they do everything from one of the best U.S. Cabs to Zinfandel and Chardonnay.
Of my USA red wines only, Ridge is 44%, as I have 29 bottles of Ridge Chardonnay, Rose or dessert wine. I am not a fan of most American red wines, though I count myself a St Innocent man (and there are several other Oregon pinot noirs I quite happily buy, cellar and drink), and I really enjoy many Napa cabs from 1996 and older. Post-1996, the only cabernet I've bought from the USA is from Togni, Mount Eden, Forman, and of course Ridge.

I’m like Pat, Ridge and Bedrock make up about 80% of my meager US holdings, probably 80% of my cellar is French. These two wines scratch my Zinfandel itch, it’s a wine that pairs so well with hearty regular food like burgers or pizza. Ridge used to be the biggest holding in my entire collection but over the years I truly believe they increased their use of new American oak and my aversion to American oak got worse. I am down to buying Geyserville only and skipped the last 2 vintages. Bedrock is a thing, I buy a fair bit and its range is very broad, with Morgan snapping up historic mixed-fruit vineyards left and right. He will be a legendary producer, trust me.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Ok Blanquito, I'll try Chateau Gloria for your no 2.

Nic
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Nicklasss wrote:Ok Blanquito, I'll try Chateau Gloria for your no 2.

Nic
Leoville Barton?
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

OrlandoRobert wrote:
Nicklasss wrote:Ok Blanquito, I'll try Chateau Gloria for your no 2.

Nic
Leoville Barton?

Good guesses, both of those wines are in my top 30.

My top 2 is not a bordeaux, nor is it a French wine, but it is a European red wine. From a producer that is a board darling on berserkers. They make only reds from a number of vineyards, priced from inexpensive at $18-$20 to about $55 at the high end.
marcs

Post by marcs »

LOL got to be Produttori!
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Produttori it is! Ding, ding, ding!

I was a little surprised I have that much Produttori and most of it is not ready for prime time ! The bulk of it are riservas from 2004-2009.

Produttori del Barbaresco Moccagatta Riserva 1970 - 1 bottle
Produttori del Barbaresco Ovello Riserva 1995 - 3 bottles
Produttori del Barbaresco Montefico Riserva 2001 - 1
Produttori del Barbaresco Asili Riserva 2004 - 2
Produttori del Barbaresco Montefico Riserva 2004 - 4
Produttori del Barbaresco Ovello Riserva 2004 - 5
Produttori del Barbaresco normale 2005 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Asili 2005 - 4
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Montefico 2005 - 1
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Ovello 2005 1
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Paje 2005 -1
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Pora 2005 - 1
Produttori del Barbaresco normale 2006 - 5
Produttori del Barbaresco Asili Riserva 2007 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Montefico Riserva 2007 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Montestefano Riserva 2007 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Ovello Riserva 2007 - 7
Produttori del Barbaresco Rabaja Riserva 2007 - 4
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Montefico 2008 - 4
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Montestefano 2008 - 4
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Ovello 2008 - 5
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Paje 2008 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Pora 2008 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Asili Riserva 2009 - 2
Produttori del Barbaresco Montefico Riserva 2009 - 1
Produttori del Barbaresco Montestefano Riserva 2009 - 5
Produttori del Barbaresco Rabaja Riserva 2009 - 6
William P

Post by William P »

So my cellar is considerably smaller than most. I have but 210 bottles.

The top ten.

1. St. Innocent 8.5%
2. Pontet Canet 7%
3. Pape Clement 3.3%
4 Branaire, Brane Cantenac, Gloria, Rauzan Segla, Malescot, all at 2.8%
5 Pichon Baron and Gruaud Larose 2.3%

Bill
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Blanquito wrote:Produttori it is! Ding, ding, ding!

I was a little surprised I have that much Produttori and most of it is not ready for prime time ! The bulk of it are riservas from 2004-2009.

Produttori del Barbaresco Moccagatta Riserva 1970 - 1 bottle
Produttori del Barbaresco Ovello Riserva 1995 - 3 bottles
Produttori del Barbaresco Montefico Riserva 2001 - 1
Produttori del Barbaresco Asili Riserva 2004 - 2
Produttori del Barbaresco Montefico Riserva 2004 - 4
Produttori del Barbaresco Ovello Riserva 2004 - 5
Produttori del Barbaresco normale 2005 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Asili 2005 - 4
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Montefico 2005 - 1
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Ovello 2005 1
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Paje 2005 -1
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Pora 2005 - 1
Produttori del Barbaresco normale 2006 - 5
Produttori del Barbaresco Asili Riserva 2007 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Montefico Riserva 2007 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Montestefano Riserva 2007 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Ovello Riserva 2007 - 7
Produttori del Barbaresco Rabaja Riserva 2007 - 4
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Montefico 2008 - 4
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Montestefano 2008 - 4
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Ovello 2008 - 5
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Paje 2008 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Pora 2008 - 3
Produttori del Barbaresco Asili Riserva 2009 - 2
Produttori del Barbaresco Montefico Riserva 2009 - 1
Produttori del Barbaresco Montestefano Riserva 2009 - 5
Produttori del Barbaresco Rabaja Riserva 2009 - 6
Nice Patrick, you are well set for the next 20 years for your pasta dishes with that stash
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

Not surprisingly my top holdings are Bordeaux plus Giacosa limping into 5th place.
1. Trotanoy
2. Vieux Chateau Certan
3. Pichon Lalande
4. Figeac
5. Giacosa (almost all white label)
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

Patrick, those 2004 Produttori Riservas are really good right now with a bit of time in a decanter. I agree most are still on the young side.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

jal wrote:Unfortunately, Ian, they're all Nuits St Georges Clos de la Maréchale
There was I thinking copious amounts of Amoureuses and Musigny...