Champagne and Barolo

Nicklasss

Champagne and Barolo

Post by Nicklasss »

Last night, MC and me enjoyed 2 bottles of wines. This was just after we had announcement that our area is turning from orange to red on Monday, as more cases of covid lately. So almost everything will be closed (restaurants, bars, other non essential services) but stores will stay open. More distancing will be required, especially in schools. We were limited people from two houses could gather, this will stop too.

So i thought it could be worst (job lost, cancer or other, accident) and we're still ok, so get the Laurent Perrier Champagne out to drink slowly with MC. Quite a good NV Champagne, having that nice mixture of fruit, yeast, breadcrust. Abundant bubbles, medium acidity, we drank the whole thing. Tn: 90.

With the meal, the 2016 Elvio Cogno Cascina Nueva Barolo was young, but very nice anyway with it powerful nose of red currant, red berries, rasberries, flowers and dry herbs. In mouth, the nebbiolo is easily recognizable, with that etheral ripe red berries, good acidity, light vine wood, old flowers, spices pot pourri and these nice semi-rustic tannins. Very good length and drinks well. Kinda smoky berry finish. Tn: 92.

This morning, we feltblike two bottles was a bit too much for the two of us. I guess our stamina is lowering has our age is increasing. This is what helps us to developp more wisdom?

Nic