Harry C.

Acker may be at it again

Post by Harry C. »

$1,000 Fake Bourbon Caught Being Sold by America's Oldest Wine Merchant
https://vinepair.com/booze-news/fake-bo ... ker-wines/
jckba

Re: Acker may be at it again

Post by jckba »

I saw on Inside Edition and that was out of their retail store no less. I hope they suspend their liquor license.

https://www.insideedition.com/is-the-hi ... vestigates
Claret

Post by Claret »

The NYSLA should be on this. Show an invoice for the fake. Yeah right.
Glenn
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

At the risk of sounding anti-NYC (which I am not), this strikes me as the kind of thing that often happens in the city. People make "deals" - it's the way business is done. Back around 1981-82, I was working for a small software company in Detroit that had just sold a software package to Burroughs Corp (anyone remember them?). The company owner and I were invited to the Burroughs office in NYC to demo some software. During our meeting there, the regional manager approached our owner looking to cut a "kickback" arrangement if he sold our product in his region. We passed. But that left a lasting impression on me.
Claret

Post by Claret »

Kickbacks were expected in many NJ stores. I even tried to get in on some of this game and was told they are happy with their guy. Another guy came out into the parking lot to make me a proposition to gain his business. I did the dance.

As a sales rep I was responsible for every bottle I transported which required an invoice, as well as sample labels on bottles. NJABC once checked my samples and they were compliant and I was not fined. A retail account in the 3 tier system needs to show wholesaler invoices. Retail is not auction.
Glenn