07 Domaine Ferrand CdP - question

Rick

07 Domaine Ferrand CdP - question

Post by Rick »

I have a line on a case of this - $90/btl

has anyone had it?? I believe RP says 98 pts

why so much more that the 05 and 06s some of which are still around? Maybe just taking advantage of the 07 CdP hype

I have one more case of 07 CdR Grand Bois Maximillian on the way and hopefully some Ferrand and I am done with 07 CdP and CdRs!!!! ...............will need to save $$ for the 09s from Bordeaux and Rhone
Plus I think the 07 Pinots from california are suppose to require some buying :):)
JonB

Re: 07 Domaine Ferrand CdP - question

Post by JonB »

I haven't tried. For what it's worth, if anything, WS rates a 94 and shows release price at $50, IWC rates it 89 (or 89-92, the website says both) says it is a big wine, somewhat monolithic now, and he prefers the 2006's elegance (which he rated a 91, and appears to be still in the retail marketplace for $45-50).
RDD

Post by RDD »

Why so much more?
Maybe because RP rated it 98 points.
But he has said his scores don't affect prices. So must be some other reason.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

There is buzz for the 07 vintage in CDP.
Simple as that.
People zero in on wines they are told are good (in this case, Parker) and many are willing to pay a significant premium for them.

Alex R.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I am puzzled by the big jump - I guessed that with the margin pressures on wine that distributers/retailers need to make money on the few wines that have buzz
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

I believe this is what Wall Street types call a crowded trade. I think I just bought some of the Havens liquidation. I needed some Cali quaffers for general corporate purposes. I remember Billington from my Virginia days.
Jay Winton

Post by Jay Winton »

grapes in White plains has a good deal-I bought a six pack. Daniel Posner is a member here.

2007 Clos des Brusquieres Chateauneuf du Pape
120 half btls available
Grapes Sale Price: $108/six pack of 375ml
WA 90+
"The outstanding 2007 Chateauneuf du Pape exhibits a darker, plum/garnet/ruby hue as well as an evolved, but complex bouquet of kirsch liqueur, lavender, new saddle leather, spice box, and garrigue. It is an unadorned, pure wine with the kirsch/black cherry liqueur character following through across the attack, mid-palate, and finish. Quasi-rustic tannins kick in at the finish, but there is more than sufficient substance to stand up to the wine’s structure. Nevertheless, I recommend 1-2 years of bottle age, and consumption over the following 12-15 years."