Few wines from the weekend

Nicklasss

Few wines from the weekend

Post by Nicklasss »

Not being able to go to BWE 2021, i was not in a good mood to open... Bordeaux wines. Why? All wines would taste ordinary to me.

2020 Sottimano Bric del Salto Dolcetto: a nice fruity wine, with a lot of fennel rusticity. Good only.

2020 Borges Quinta de Siemens Vinho Verde: green lemon, herb, mineral, low alcohol, nicely drinkable. A very good apperitive.

2016 Henri Gouges Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er cru Clos des Porrêts : a long name, a good NSG, but left me on my low mood. Dark color, with a good mix of cherries, medium concentration red berries, good minerality. The wine is also having a good meaty presence, but stays a bit light for NSG. Clearly the wine was ok, i wasn't.

2014 Chateau Guiraud: a nice Sauternes, and my parents were at our house for dinner, and sweetbwines are the only wines my mother like. A medium conçentration Sauternes, but very long. Missing a bit of botrytis, but good mix of apricots, quince, peaches, acacia flowers and honey. Not oaky at all, and not that much botrytis. Drinks easily.

2020 Greek Gewurztraminer (i'll comeback with the producer): made dry. Litchis and flowers on the nose, with a light spicy green grape ouch. In mouth, very dry, with that muscat flavors ( i know, how gewurz can taste muscat?), light bitter starfruit, green lemon. With the nose, i was expecting more.