TN: 2016 Brunello Argiano

JimHow

TN: 2016 Brunello Argiano

Post by JimHow »

I settled some trials so my schedule opened up a little bit, we went down to the Ritz Carlton Miami South Beach for a few nights. we got upgraded to a top floor oceanfront suite, it was amazing, my new favorite resort on South Beach, we will definitely go again.

We had a 2016 Brunello Argiano on the deck that just really had everything going on. I usually find these Argianos to be hard as nails in their youth but I gave this about an hour of air and it was just was really singing, balanced, delicious fruits, beautiful violet bouquet, absolutely splendid. 95 points. I picked up the three remaining bottles on the shelf at the Hampton North store, Gerry, I highly recommend it if you can get it.
jckba

Re: TN: 2016 Brunello Argiano

Post by jckba »

Nice note and a timely post as my 3rd Tuesday of the month group in the city will be doing a grouping of twelve 2016 Brunello’s blind next week. Vintage of the century does seem to be a term that gets thrown around once every 3 or so years in Montalcino so it will be good opportunity to put these to the test and see if they warrant any additional purchases.
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

I purchased a mixed case of 2016 Brunello's to split with my brother-in-law. We each ended up with 1 Argiano. Wish I had purchased more based on comments here and elsewhere.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Thanks for that report Jim. The 2016 Argiano is available here. Seems like you can get some breaks even throught your crazy trial schedule, and that is good.

I think that if you go out of Bordeaux, 2016 is also a tremendous vintage in Brunello.
stefan

Post by stefan »

Timely note. I was wondering about the 2016 Argiano.
Gerry M.

Post by Gerry M. »

Jim, Thks for the note. I've picked up a few 16' Brunellos and looked at Argiano. I was hoping for a sale just to make the price a little more competitive.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yeah, hopefully next month will be Italy month. There are still 87 bottles in the system.