Bobby G Turns Fity!

OrlandoRobert

Bobby G Turns Fity!

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Hard to imagine Marc is 50! Marc, how long we’ve known each other, 15 years? It’s been a truly great friendship. I’ve never seen Marc in an off-mood, to the contrary, he’s always funny as heck and just a blast to be around. And as much as a goofball as he is, his palate is spectacular. And at 50, his full head of thick hair is the envy of all men!

But I digress.

We met up at Osprey Tavern, Marc and his lady friend had arranged a table by the wall of wine, with dozen of oysters, caviar, fried crab hush-puppies, et al. And the wines poured fast….

Just some really quick notes that I jotted down last night as this night was more about the social connections, our tight group of buddies.

Krug 168eme - Crisp white and yellow fruits, pronounced citrus note. Seemed pretty tight, not showing yet the oxidative style that I love about this house. I’d give this more time. Fantastic with oysters, however. (92+ pts.)

2013 Foillard 3.14 - Wide freakin open, aromatic. Essence of crushed wild strawberries, spice and some funk. Soil to glass transfer here. So much earthy and wild funk going on. This unicorn Beaujolais is worth every penny. Was the queen of the ball tonight. (94 pts.)

1998 Chateau Palmer - classic old-school Bordeaux perfume of dark cassis, leather, sweat and a profile of dark fruits. Still grippy tannins. I wonder if the fruit outlasts the tannins here. A bit rustic for a Palmer. I gotta say, but I really like this wine. (94 pts.)

2010 Gonon St Joseph- Hide this wine for another five years, so glad I have more. Nose a bit shy, as my buddy Ian noted, but the palate is money. Grilled meats, smoky dark fruits, black olives. Quite structured, built for age. Delicious. Excellent potential for more improvement. (94+ pts)

2000 Chateau Trotanoy - Rich dark wet earth, truffles and Indian spice . Marc’s lady friend screamed out “petrichor” and we all got excited. Rather exotic, rich, but admittedly still a bit primary. Needs time but is a beauty. Classic Pomerol. (95 pts.)

2016 Flaccienello - A baby. Not sure how to arrive at 100 here, but it is damn nice, the Sangiovese is immediate noticeably. Tangy reds, rich darks, firm acidic structure. I’ll never complain when a buddy brings a wine like this, but it is a travesty to open now. I bet this will blossom. (92++ pts.)

2018 Ovid - En magnum. We are such ballers.

Here is Marx all excited about his Ovid, plus he was gifted an extra magnum….

8236926A-3645-4CD3-8863-6995DF769F3C.jpeg
JimHow

Re: Bobby G Turns Fity!

Post by JimHow »

You are a good friend, OB.
Happy 50th, BG.
Nicola, we need to get down there and show these guys how to party with some fine northern Medocs!
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

JimHow wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:08 am You are a good friend, OB.
Happy 50th, BG.
Nicola, we need to get down there and show these guys how to party with some fine northern Medocs!
We would love that! Honestly, would be great to meet and pull some corks.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Agreed. I’m going to know more about my schedule after our conference with the judge on Tuesday in Covid infected Alaska.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

Fifty seems like so long ago...
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Great notes, sounds like my kinda wines.

Happy big 5-O, Marc! As a fellow ‘71 baby, I can tell you there are so many things to look forward to as you hit the mid-century mark: mailers from AARP, getting to know you doctor(s) much better than you ever thought, having whippersnappers say “ok, boomer” in your general direction, etc.

We really need to get these guys to a convention one of these days.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Happy b-day Bobby G.

Nice report OB. I like your note on the 1998 Palmer, as i liked the few 1998 wines from the Médoc i had, especially LLC.

The Foillard looks very marvellous.

When will i have the chance to try a 2000 Trotanoy?

Jim, i can be in terrible trouble if i ever go to Orlando and don't bring the kids. OB could babysit my kids in Disney sites while we go out with Bobby G?
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Some important events took place in '71
All in the Family airs
Clockwork Orange is released
Jim Morrison dies at age 27
Intel brings microprocessors to market
Nixon was president
Nasdaq debuts
Voting age bumps down from 21 to 18. (26th amendment)

And the least important event:
My birth

Yes, I'm finally at the half century mark...little blue pill here I come...ughhhh

Def.a killer night, I spent most of the next morning in bed thinking about how long will it take for my liver to regenerate after the damage that was inflicted...

We hit a hip local restaurant called Osprey. A girlfriend of mine works there and lately the food has been great. Thankfully she was off that night and joined us for the celebration.

We crushed some nice offerings...a couple caviar trays, 3dozen oysters, couple bowls of mussels, endive salad and some monolithic pre-homoerectus'esque NY strip.
Just to make sure we hit Gluttony Defcon1, the crew went all in on Desert. I chose some bomb chocolate cake paired with peanut butter ice cream.

All these wonderful dishes were loosely paired with a wonderful array of wines, first starting with:

Krug 168th ed....alot of big Krug fans out there, though I must say, I'm just not one of them. Its always a good Champagne, but never wows me...this bottle continued that string of belief...this wine, seemed too tart, almost sour and unripe, this surprised me considering 2012 was a decent vintage plus adding in the addition of older vintages going back to the 90's...Krug always has such crisp acid which I like, and this was no different...yes, I could have sat with it longer but, I was ready to move on rather quick...thankfully the next wine up was a banger

'13 Foillard 3.14...a tad shy out the gate, but in time, its glorious profile was on display...this wine is pure electric rhubarb, 🍓 and fruits I don't even know exist!...its fairly ripe too for a less herald vintage, the wine is further complemented by some sexy exotic spice notes...
this is an absolute 'tour de force' performance.

Gotta run...I'll add some more notes later

Thanx again boys...and yes, if u come to Orlando you will have a blast.
Last edited by robert goulet on Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Notes cont..

1998 Chateau Palmer - yeah man, I dig it...felt like I was chained up in a sparsely lit BDSM room with some hot dominatrix named Mistress Chantilly Lace, slapping me in the mouth with a Cat o' nine tails...as I vehemently respond,
"thank you ma'am, may I have another?" Not exactly the elegant margaux, its more back country, leather chaps, cheek chiller action.

2010 Gonon St Joseph- I like the nose, its a very classic style of iron, beef blood and pepper but... a bit quiet on the palate..another structured beauty that needs to sleep a bit longer.

2000 Chateau Trotanoy - Re: Roberts comments> "Marc’s lady friend screamed out “petrichor” ...I honestly damn near hit the floor when she said it...I've only heard Orl. Robert use this unique tasting descriptor...As for the wine, it's a beautiful, big, structured Pomerol opened 10 years too early.

2016 Flaccienello- or what we nicknamed 'Flaccidienello'....very much in line with turning 50 I guess...this was very popular at the table, but drinking a bit too young/primary for me...the fruit appears to have some nice punch to it and would love try this in the future to see if some of that sexy sangiovese spice ever emerges.

2018 Ovid - A generous participant left me a magnum as a lovely parting gift... he likes me, he really likes me! -or- maybe he doesn't...ooomph!

A great time as always, never do I not look forward to these get-togethers. Cheers
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

robert goulet wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:00 pm Notes cont..

1998 Chateau Palmer - yeah man, I dig it...felt like I was chained up in a sparsely lit BDSM room with some hot dominatrix named Mistress Chantilly Lace, slapping me in the mouth with a Cat o' nine tails...as I vehemently respond,
"thank you ma'am, may I have another?" Not exactly the elegant margaux, its more back country, leather chaps, cheek chiller action.
I think that Parker or Leve has exactly the same descriptive for that wine. Or maybe it was Jancis? It come back now, it was Hefner.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Nicklasss wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:11 pm
robert goulet wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:00 pm Notes cont..

I think that Parker or Leve has exactly the same descriptive for that wine. Or maybe it was Jancis? It come back now, it was Hefner.
His note is actually spot on. I would not have picked this as a Palmer, it really was rather rustic, but in a beautiful way. My kind of old school Bordeaux wine.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Something right out of Penthouse Letters Nic :D
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

And BobbyG still got spurned that night!!
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

I feel like we owe you guys some subscription fees for such “premium” content.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Blanquito wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:24 pm I feel like we owe you guys some subscription fees for such “premium” content.
The premium was being there! We saw things.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Spurned is right!! It was all due to that meddling OrlandoBobby, he is a terrible wing man!! It all started when he went deep into a compendium on art history and his contempory cuban art collection and it was str8 to the friendzone for Bobby G! :lol:
Last edited by robert goulet on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I used to write Penthouse forum like short stories for the boys in the neighborhood when I was about 14-15 years old, the subject matter being the girls in the neighborhood. This would have been well after my 200 page novel "A Trip to Mars," which I penned in sixth grade. Somehow "A Trip to Mars" has survived the years but the graphic short stories seem to have been lost to the ages.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

Perhaps that's best...
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

robert goulet wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:08 am Spurned is right!! It was all due to that meddling Alfert, he is a terrible wing man!! It all started when he went deep into a compendium on art history and his contempory cuban art collection and it was str8 to the friendzone for Bobby G! :lol:
And I thought you guys were party animals! I was bored just hearing about this dissertation in a 3 line post, I can only imagine the suffering of the poor woman in the crossfire. Hopefully the magnum of Ovid came to the rescue, a liquid aphrodisiac if ever there was one. This was, after all, likely Bobby’s final chance at positive reinforcement from the opposite sex anywhere outside of a bingo parlor!
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

JimHow wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:19 am I used to write Penthouse forum like short stories for the boys in the neighborhood when I was about 14-15 years old, the subject matter being the girls in the neighborhood. This would have been well after my 200 page novel "A Trip to Mars," which I penned in sixth grade. Somehow "A Trip to Mars" has survived the years but the graphic short stories seem to have been lost to the ages.
I’m sure a little oppo research from one of the GOP’s army elite dirt diggers could turn it up in a nanosecond… didn’t Jim get a passing mention in the Steele Report?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Lol.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Blanquito wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:32 am
robert goulet wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:08 am Spurned is right!! It was all due to that meddling Alfert, he is a terrible wing man!! It all started when he went deep into a compendium on art history and his contempory cuban art collection and it was str8 to the friendzone for Bobby G! :lol:
And I thought you guys were party animals! I was bored just hearing about this dissertation in a 3 line post, I can only imagine the suffering of the poor woman in the crossfire. Hopefully the magnum of Ovid came to the rescue, a liquid aphrodisiac if ever there was one. This was, after all, likely Bobby’s final chance at positive reinforcement from the opposite sex anywhere outside of a bingo parlor!
Pat you don’t know me well. Everyone else knows that I am a terribly charming man, have Adonis-like looks and a Herculean physique. Just ask Marx a/k/a BobbyG. I had her eating out of my finely manicured soft hands like a piglet to black truffles. I felt terrible for Marx on his birthday, but life is Darwinian.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

The only thing dreamy OrlBobby is missing is my gorgeous locks...I got my pops sweet lettuce on top 🤣🤪
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

BWE for 21+ years has been a magnet of sex escapades.
The stories I could tell you about what has occurred before, during, and after our annual "conventions."
There was once a man on BWE who completely dropped his pants in a hotel room full of people at the sight of a Maine whoopee pie.
By sheer miracle, we have photographic documentation of the actual instant this occurred.
AKR

Post by AKR »

Could you tell us more about the Ovid? I heard about it at one of MichaelP's parties but have never seen one in the wild
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Jim, dig up some of those old cherished penthouse letters b4 you slide down here to Otown...OrlBobby and I are going to read them aloud after we become inebriated at dinner.
Last edited by robert goulet on Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

AKR wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:38 am Could you tell us more about the Ovid? I heard about it at one of MichaelP's parties but have never seen one in the wild

It is the world's best cooking wine that OrlBobby broke down and bought a case of when he reluctantly toured their property a couple years back....subsequently he was enrolled as a recipient in their Ovid jelly of the month...or is it a jam Bobby?
Last edited by robert goulet on Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

An easy one: so that 2018 Ovid is not better than the 2019 Covid? That last one is like a Rolland wine, a worlwide contagion.
OrlandoRobert

Post by OrlandoRobert »

Nicklasss wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:40 pm An easy one: so that 2018 Ovid is not better than the 2019 Covid? That last one is like a Rolland wine, a worlwide contagion.
And they both kill your taste buds!
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

OrlandoRobert wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:21 pm
Nicklasss wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:40 pm An easy one: so that 2018 Ovid is not better than the 2019 Covid? That last one is like a Rolland wine, a worlwide contagion.
And they both kill your taste buds!
:D

And no vaccine (yet) for 2018 Ovid or uncle Rollo wines!
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

JimHow wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:18 am BWE for 21+ years has been a magnet of sex escapades.
The stories I could tell you about what has occurred before, during, and after our annual "conventions."
There was once a man on BWE who completely dropped his pants in a hotel room full of people at the sight of a Maine whoopee pie.
By sheer miracle, we have photographic documentation of the actual instant this occurred.
Really? It seems like you're always at the bad place at the bad moment Jim. I never been witness of any of those kind of stories, even if I have been in BWE since the beginning...

And i don't need to read more, as I'm like Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction, i'm so square.