I still say there is something fishy going on with the supply chain of 2019 Bordeaux.

JimHow

Re: I still say there is something fishy going on with the supply chain of 2019 Bordeaux.

Post by JimHow »

That could be, Tom, I guess I hope that this was just a Covid-related aberration, although selfishly I'm not looking to buy much from future vintages. Even 2019 I was looking to buy just a few bottles each of my favorite estates like Calon Segur, Leoville Barton, Giscours, etc.

Their inventory is weird, Gerry, there list wines like 2019 Giscours at $63.99, Product #14362, but with none in stock. I'm positive it did not come and go without us seeing it on the shelves. There are unsold stocks of wines like 2019 Kirwan, du Tertre, etc., but very few others. Very bizarre. And we are two weeks away from New Year's Eve and nary a bottle of Dom Perignon anywhere. Very, very strange.
Chateau Vin

Re: I still say there is something fishy going on with the supply chain of 2019 Bordeaux.

Post by Chateau Vin »

With no get togethers, parties canceled, celebrations put in hold during covid times, maybe NH has even more compelling reason not to buy champagne compared to Bordeaux??

Speaking of Dom, I saw 2012 Dom Perignon at our local Costco for 214 each...
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

I think that 19 Giscours you mentioned was all gone. Few weeks back I saw over 5 cases in inventory of that... I urged my friends to get some, but they didn’t.

Maybe people scooped up whatever was meagerly available of 2019s at NH...