2021 wine buying abstinence thread

DavidG

Re: 2021 wine buying abstinence thread

Post by DavidG »

Yes it’s pricey. An annual BD splurge isn’t guilt inducing, especially since Peggy is also a hue fan.

The website says to consume within a day of opening but I’ve seen no degradation in the 100 gm tin over 3 days. Just reseal the tin and put back in the fridge.
marcs

Post by marcs »

DavidG wrote:
Blanquito wrote:
DavidG wrote:I bought tuna, olive oil, beef, and caviar.
Still no wine purchases in 2021...
Have you had the Veleta products and Astrea caviar before? Good stuff?
Yes to both.

My favorite of the Veleta line of tinned fish is the Ventresca tuna. Expensive but delicious, and don’t let a drop of the olive oil that it’s packed in go to waste.
I didn't buy anything on Berserker Day but now this Veleta thing is tempting me. I love fresh fish but have never found a canned fish that comes anywhere close.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Yeah, nothing like fresh fish. The tinned tuna is a totally different thing.
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

It will be hard, but I am officially joining this thread starting tomorrow when my 30 day wine drinking fast is over. I do leave a few exceptions open, of wines I planned to order. But they will be to the minimum. Hardest to give up for now will be auctions. This is a good first week to start I think. We shall see. Wish me luck.
AKR

Post by AKR »

I was poking around the K&L auction site yesterday - I hardly ever look at that section - and noticed there is a bunch of old Rioja available. 1964, 1970 etc.

I'm not sure how much the stuff will eventually hammer for, but the bids look modest so far. There isn't going to be much critical reviews of these for buyers to lean on though.
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Quick slippage to buy a 1989 VCC for 195 all in. Looking forward to it. Don't regret this one bit. Now back to not buying....probably... hopefully. And selling some wine.