March is "BWE Month."

JimHow

Re: March is "BWE Month."

Post by JimHow »

Well done, Jacques, that about explains yet ANOTHER 1989 Lynch victory.
Ah, the memories... How many times has Lynch beaten the Baron in Chicago alone, now, three... four times?
I would have never remembered Michael's 1983 LLC as the third wine, but it's coming back now.
2010... That sounds about right... 11 years ago, is that the last time we were in Chicago, where it basically all began??
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Just reading the first post alone, got a great and out loud chuckle. Well done Jim. And as always, great write up by David.

I may have to concoct a blind tasting one of these days. David's 1990/2000/2010 Figeac at BWE 2020 was a lot of fun.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Oh wow, there are some memories! Great find Jacques. So it was MichaelP in the Metropolitan Club with the double mag of LLC.
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

I thought I had posted a comment on this last night after Jacques found the old thread, but it seems to have been lost in outer space. I recalled it was MichaelP who brought the third bottle, but could not recall the wine. And yes, it was definitely 2010. It was Rick's friend who got us into that club space for the evening. I was a bit uncertain about how good the food would be, but they came through for us in a great space. (Does anyone else remember the piano getting rolled into the room after dinner?)
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

That was a great weekend Jon, hard to believe it as been 11 years.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Jim,

Catching up and to answer BWE 2010 Chicago there were two 3lt bottles of 89 Lynch and PB along with a 5lt 83 Leoville Las Cases and 1.5 lt 89 Cos for the main event. The treasures shared with Stu on Thursday night included an 89/2000 Lynch but show stoppers were 59 & 61,66 Latour & 67 Y'Quem!! Amazing how we've been spoiled over the years.

A few photos to share.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YCebtB8dSb1ZDFgJA
Danny
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Great pics Danny. Those large formats must have been tasted so young back in 2010! Anyone remember how they compared to the last 750's of the same wines that were opened that night?