A little 2016 Peyrabon finally delivers

JCNorthway

A little 2016 Peyrabon finally delivers

Post by JCNorthway »

I purchased a case of the 2016 Peyrabon two years ago to use as a daily drinker for my Bordeaux habit. I tasted a bottle right away and my notes said, "Pretty tight and somewhat tannic at this point; give it several months."

I kind of forgot about it until this week, so I pulled out the second bottle last evening. I decanted the wine for maybe 90 minutes before serving it at dinner. And what a difference two years can make. This wine was punching above its weight - mouth-filling fruit, fresh, noticeable (in a good way) tannins, and a surprisingly longer finish than one would expect from a humble little Haut Medoc. Paula asked me where I'd been hiding this wine. :)

Based on last night, I am looking forward to drinking the remaining bottles over the next 2-4 years.
stefan

Re: A little 2016 Peyrabon finally delivers

Post by stefan »

I love reading about successes like this, Jon. It is a great strategy to buy a reputable petite chateau in an excellent year and age it for a couple of years.
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

I had the 1996 from KL recently for 25 bucks. It definitely delivered for a daily! Might wanna save 1-2 bottles for year 10 and 15
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Love it when a wine delivers like that, well done!