Sipping a St. Innocent chard as we descend into American fascism.

JimHow

Sipping a St. Innocent chard as we descend into American fascism.

Post by JimHow »

It's actually not the Alito majority decision that rocks my universe... we knew Roe was sunk the day Susie Collins voted in Kavanaugh.

Skip the majority opinion and go to Clarence's crazy town concurring opinion, which to me is the real story, because this is a true snapshot of the bad moon rising....

Remember, Susie was reelected by a comfortable margin AFTER her Kavannaugh vote....

Elections matter, folks.

If one party refuses to participate in the electoral process, and the octogenarian opposition is too feeble to hold them to account, then the whole shit show is about to go down hard. The first haymaker will land this November when there is a 50 seat turnover in the Republican rout of the House, and then our country as we know it will come to an end in November 2024, when Governor Ron skates in comfortably in a "populist"* <rolls eyes> landslide. He won't even need the hack Republican state legislatures to overturn the electoral college votes, he'll win "fair and square" <rolls eyes again>.

It was fun while it lasted, nearly 250 years... hey, more than most other racist, militaristic, colonial powers in history.

Alas, thank you again William P for recommending this delicious 2018 St. Innocent Freedom Hill chardonnay, it is helping to numb the pain of the loss of our country. Great fruit and balance, great freshness and perk, a delicious summertime wine. Still can't figure out what grouchy Stefan doesn't like about this wine, it seems lovely to me, great acidity, ripeness, freshness, jump. 91 strong points.

*fascist
stefan

Re: Sipping a St. Innocent chard as we descend into American fascism.

Post by stefan »

Well, I had a lovely 2018 Anne from Walter Scott two nights ago that I prefer to Mark's 2018 FH. It is Meursault like with balance and citrus and smoke. I also prefer Goodfellow's Whistling Ridge Chardonnays, which compare well to nice Puligny-Montrachets. Nothing is wrong with SI FH Chard, which, like all SI wines, is well made; it is just that there are other Oregon Chards that are more to my taste.
Chateau Vin

Re: Sipping a St. Innocent chard as we descend into American fascism.

Post by Chateau Vin »

JimHow wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:42 am It's actually not the Alito majority decision that rocks my universe...
Skip the majority opinion and go to Clarence's crazy town concurring opinion, which to me is the real story, because this is a true snapshot of the bad moon rising....
Exactly Jim. The little side note that nobody is paying attention to is Clarence’s opinion that will bring the winter to many people. I was absolutely aghast when I read that...