RIP Sir Richard Latham

Racer Chris

RIP Sir Richard Latham

Post by Racer Chris »

The old baronet passed a few days ago. His short presence here created quite a stir but he was passionate about drinking the best Bordeaux he could.
This morning I decanted a 2010 La Dame de Montrose to drink in his honor tonight.
RTP had a huge quantity of young Domaine de Chevalier in his cellar but the '10 DdM is something we had in common.
jckba

Re: RIP Sir Richard Latham

Post by jckba »

I just didn’t like having to read and then reread about the superiority of his unique QPR system with every post as it started to feel like a broken record, but with that said, sad to hear of his passing. So Chris, how was the 2010 La Dame?
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

So he was real then? Well sorry to hear that. Did you keep in touch with him?
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

jckba wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:22 pm I just didn’t like having to read and then reread about the superiority of his unique QPR system with every post as it started to feel like a broken record, but with that said, sad to hear of his passing. So Chris, how was the 2010 La Dame?
It was a shame that he didn't adjust to the forum environment well. A combination of age and upbringing. He was kicked off of two other wine forums too. He found a home at the Cellartracker Forum for a while but Eric had to be very firm with him.

The DdM was outstanding.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

JoelD wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:49 pm So he was real then? Well sorry to hear that. Did you keep in touch with him?
I didn't interact with him except on the forums, and I stopped completely when it was clear he couldn't stop behaving like an internet troll.
My guess is he was much nicer in person.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

I liked the dude for his eccentricity...RIP Sir Richard
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

He was one of two people I blocked on the Berserker board.
marcs

Post by marcs »

My bet is that he was suffering from mild dementia…unfortunate, that is a very difficult situation