Thank you Comte for that 76 La Lagune

Nicklasss

Thank you Comte for that 76 La Lagune

Post by Nicklasss »

Last Tuesday, my brother was in town, and even if i was working that day and the next one, we organized a dinner together to discuss and enjoy some nice wines.

2019 Domaine Galeyrand Côte-de-Nuits Village: this was a white made of Chardonnay, and i did not even know some producers are producing white wines in that aoc. Clear color, with a nice nose of butter, mineral, light lemon, onion peel and orchard fruit. Mouth was medium body, very complex from the attack until the end. The fruit and minerality flavors were supported by a light citrus bitterness. I guess this would compared favorably vs some white from non top Bourgogne aoc. Clearly something to look for. Tn: 91-92.

2020 Le Caillou Côtes du Rhône blanc: only 12.5 % alcohol, that convinced me to buy and try. Light color again, more fruit from just about ripe viognier, almonds, light acidity, some white flowers and decent length. For the price, i thought it was a very nice white Rhône, lighter and less alcoholic than the CdP, and easily enjoyable. Some green melon and lime. Delicious. Tn: 89-90.

1976 Château La Lagune: did not know what to expect from that bottle that Comte Flaneur gave me in London, but i did not wanted to keep it in the cellar because of it age.well, nice medium red light clear red ring, superb "La Lagune" nose of all kind of older red berries, light fading purple flowers, some mature rasberries, a light citrus thing and complex spicyness. In mouth, i would not imagine that it would be filled with sensuality, élégance, ethereal fruit, light old leather, dark red berries, a light green tobacco, and more berries. Finish is so balanced and hard to explain, with that aged oak/fruit/ terroir combine effect. I would say too good to be true! The magic of red Bordeaux. Was even better than the 1976 Château Magdelaine drank in London! In a way, the 1976 La Lagune reminded me kind of 1985 red Bordeaux: all balance, sensuality and complexity! Tn: 94-95. Thank you again Ian, for giving us a bottle i don't have access to in Canada.
robert goulet

Re: Thank you Comte for that 76 La Lagune

Post by robert goulet »

Sleeper vintage!!! '76 Petite Village last year was increds
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Brilliant Nic! I am so pleased it was not just a good bottle but a great one by your description.

I assume Marie Claude partook as well given it is her birth year?
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Yes, MC had her poor, and also preferred it to the Magdelaine.

Yes, a brilliant bottle!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

You're an amazing friend, Comte, I hope we get to see you again in the not too distant future.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

How to get "Elegantly wasted"...
Attachments
INXS
INXS
StBlGT

Post by StBlGT »

How was the Sito Moresco? I have some 2016, and was wondering what the drinking window is on these. I totally forgot about mine until seeing the photo above!