1994 Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande

jal

1994 Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande

Post by jal »

Served with lamb chops (that I overcooked), zucchini fritters and a tomato salad this bottle, which I have held since release, was popped and poured.
Nice nose of cedar and black fruit but not as haunting as the 1990 Cos of a few days ago. Dark inky color, on the palate, this is profound and complex with excellent depth, yummy fruit with a tinge of greenness and a slight bitterness on the end that I find typical with the estate and that contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the fruit. Long finish.
Delicious and patience is finally rewarded as the tannins are now manageable and not overpowering the fruit. I think this can still improve but I have no problem drinking them now and over the next decade or so. (94 pts.)
Best

Jacques
JimHow

Re: 1994 Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande

Post by JimHow »

Mmmmm baby doll.
Winona Chief

Post by Winona Chief »

Jacques,
None of us were there, so you could have told us how perfectly you prepared those lamb chops - we would have all believed you. Just think how much that would enhance your reputation as a great chef!

Chris Bublitz
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Winona Chief wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:59 pm Jacques,
None of us were there, so you could have told us how perfectly you prepared those lamb chops - we would have all believed you. Just think how much that would enhance your reputation as a great chef!

Chris Bublitz
:lol:
jal

Post by jal »

Winona Chief wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:59 pm Jacques,

Chris Bublitz
:D :D very funny Chris. I mention it because the flavor of the chops didn't exactly complement the wine. Lamb and Medoc are a great match imo, while overcooked lamb works only with mint jelly.

I was also quite upset with myself, I asked the AI lady (Alexa, Siri, Bixby, Hey Google, one of those annoying things) to set a timer, and when I asked how much time is left, the thing said there are no timer at the moment. Grrrr. Result is I cooked the lamb chops for 25 minutes instead of 15. From now on only real timers.
Best

Jacques
jckba

Post by jckba »

Just use the timer within the clock app provided you have an iPhone.

And love to see positive notes on so called off vintages wines. Had a wonderful LLC as well as HB over the last several years that had me repeating to myself, if I see this at a reasonable price at auction, pull the trigger!