2009 Angludet and 2000 Les Tourelles de Longueville

AlexR

2009 Angludet and 2000 Les Tourelles de Longueville

Post by AlexR »

I was really pleased with a couple of Bordeaux wines I uncorked (and decanted) two nights ago.
After a magnum of Charles Heidsieck brut (a house that has a lot of sentimental associations for me), we had the following with grilled duck breast.

The 2009 Château d’Angludet was opened because my sister-in-law had bought a bottle when we visited the estate years ago. And since she was passing through, this was the ideal occasion to share it. Served blind, one of my friends opined in about 30 seconds: Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux. Yes, the wine displayed the true magic of that appellation, with a very subtle perfumed nose and a silky texture. At age 13 this was a joy to drink, even if it there are better days ahead. Hell, this was as good as half the great growths in Margaux in my opinion.
I’ve tasted recent vintages and been quite impressed as well.

2000 Les Tourelles de Longueville was squarely in its drinking window with a lovely graphite and cedar nose, screamingly Pauilac. The wine was seamless on the palate, only showing it was a second wine by the slightly short aftertaste. This would truly have been an interesting wine to include in a line-up of its peers. It is often said that Les Tourelles is one of the best second wines in Bordeaux, and this experience tends to support that assertion.

Best regards,
Alex R.
AKR

Re: 2009 Angludet and 2000 Les Tourelles de Longueville

Post by AKR »

I just pulled a 2015 Tourelles for consumption sometime soon, so thanks for the update...