I want some 19 Leoville Barton, Calon Segur, Giscours, etc...

JimHow

I want some 19 Leoville Barton, Calon Segur, Giscours, etc...

Post by JimHow »

I've bought very little this calendar year, other than my crazy 18 bottle purchase of 2016 Mouton.
I've got some 2019 futures coming in, including Montrose, La Conseillante, Rauzan Segla, and Tour St. Christophe.

I'm not looking for massive quantities of each, but I want to make sure that I have at least a few bottles of some of my favorites from 2019, like Leoville Barton, Calon Segur, Giscours, etc., etc., you all know most of the usual suspects.

I'm surprised that these wines have not made their way to the USA east coast stores yet, it seems a little late to me this year.

Gerry, I'm relying on you to tell me when we see the first signs of this stuff on the New Hampshire website inventory, there are other non-BWE vultures out there who seem to be grasping at this stock, we battle them every year, whomever they are.
Dandersson

Re: I want some 19 Leoville Barton, Calon Segur, Giscours, etc...

Post by Dandersson »

Giscours and Leoville Barton available at Mac Arthur's.
Giscours magnum at wine dot com
Calon Segur, Giscours and Leoville Barton at Saratoga.

Best, Dan
JimS

Post by JimS »

Am right there with you, Jim. I wish I had gone much deeper on 2019 than what I did, and based on the few I’ve tried this far, it really does seem like a vintage that can be enjoyed young as well as benefit from aging. I hope you find some leads! It’s slim pickings here in the Midwest so far and has just been a trickle that’s come in. I know of some multi-case order quantity discounts on the East coast and I’ve opportunistically scooped up a few deals here and there but man I wish I had bit harder a few years ago and didn’t think the world was going to come to a screeching halt. Fortune favored the brave, and sadly with input costs rising as fast as they are we may never see that level of QPR again. For whatever it’s worth, I still favor 2014 and 2016 over 2019 but can’t go wrong with the usual suspects in any of these vintages.
Gerry M.

Post by Gerry M. »

I keep looking in NH but so far only a few 2nd labels. I'm hopefull they will get there sooner than later. The item #'s are listed but no product yet.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Thanks for checking.
Man, prices are high, compared to when they first came out on futures.
ericp

Post by ericp »

At TotalWine in Natick today Jim, very few 19s although an ‘18 Branaire mag looked pretty lonely so I took her home with me. 😁
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

Zachys have my magnums of Montrose but not the fifths.