2017 Figli Luigi Oddero Barbaresco Rombone

Nicklasss

2017 Figli Luigi Oddero Barbaresco Rombone

Post by Nicklasss »

A young Barbaresco extremely civilized. Clear red color, with nice aromas of cherries, cinnamon, light mushrooms, ad a little touch of vegetals. Mouth is young, energic but with nice balance. Little red berries, red cherries, light purple flowers, the mouth is full of freshness, medium tannins, but aerial too with a long vine wood, more red berries, and light green tobacco. Very very nice, and solid. Tn: 92. In 10 years, will be even more something.
Attachments
What a nice Barbaresco
What a nice Barbaresco
AlexR

Re: 2017 Figli Luigi Oddero Barbaresco Rombone

Post by AlexR »

Thanks Nic.

I only regret that I am getting into Barolo and Barbaresco at the end of my life.

Had I known earlier how much I enjoyed them, I would have built up a stock in the cellar.

All the best,
Alex
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

AlexR wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:50 am Thanks Nic.

I only regret that I am getting into Barolo and Barbaresco at the end of my life.

Had I known earlier how much I enjoyed them, I would have built up a stock in the cellar.

All the best,
Alex
Same sentiment here.
AKR

Post by AKR »

They are not so easy to enjoy/love in their youth, which makes it hard to have the faith to lay them away for decades, unless one has some mature examples. And depending where people are, those may not be easy to find/taste...

My personal hit rate is not great either, but the ones that do blossom make the effort worth it...