Xmas 2022, Day 4

stefan

Xmas 2022, Day 4

Post by stefan »

Lucie demanded Bordeaux to drink with Judd's baked chicken, so I opened a couple of light ones.

1983 She Who Shall Remain Nameless. "Oh, can I have seven more bottles of this?" sighs the cook. There is a lot of cassis in this old Bordeaux; more than I remember. "The Nameless wine is crazy", chimes in the cook's wife, "unbelievable". Irena adds thoughtfully, "nice combination of old and young flavors and tobacco" and well preserved red fruit, I think to myself. Judd 93. T 94. Lucie 93. stefanJr 93. Irena 94. stefan 92.

2001 Du Tertre. T starts the discussion with, "too young; I want to drink it in five years". Husband Judd disagrees, "I want to drink it continuously for five years". The du Tertre is a nice complement/contrast to the Nameless wine. My opinion is closer to daughter T's because the Margauxberries have just begun to bloom. Irena comments, "already some tobacco in it". Lucie comes alive with, "fantastic finish; lots of cherry". stefanJr 94. Irena 93. T 90. stefan 92+. Judd 92+. Lucie 93.

We made a switch to Oregon Pinot Noir toward the end of the meal.

2015 Arterberry Maresh. stefanJr opines, "very light and pure Pinot Noir", and I nod agreement. The sweet cranberries and strawberries provide a nice switch from the Bordeaux, but this is not a wine to intellectualize. "Classic Oregon PN, which I like", says Irena, "very young, but pleasant with fresh fruit". stefan 90. Irena 91. Judd 89. Lucie 89.

2009 Chehalem Ridgecrest Reserve. "Too concentrated fruit; a little much; high alcohol", Irena complains. Hmm. 14.1% on the Chehalem label; 14% on the Arterberry's, but I agree that the Chehalem seems more alcoholic. "Given a choice, I would not drink another bottle, but it is OK", Judd says grudgingly. Irean 89. Judd 87. stefan 89.

Happy Holidays to BWEers everywhere from the stefan clan.
Nicklasss

Re: Xmas 2022, Day 4

Post by Nicklasss »

The Johnson familly Christmas holidays : makes all BWEers envious!

A marvellous Christmas tou you Lucie, stefan, and all the family.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Merry Christmas, Stefan, Lucie and family, and to BWEers far and near.
We had a great Christmas Eve feast of tenderloin roast with all the fixings here in the great but frigid state of Maine.
I got a flannel shirt, some great socks that I will wear in my jury trials (to keep the jury focused away from my clients), and tickets to Dead & Company this summer at Fenway.
The wines I brought were delicious:
2014 Leoville Barton
2020 Thivin Cuvee Zacharee
2016 Brunello Altesino
2018 Larose Trintaudon
2019 Le Marquis de Calon Segur
2018 Domaine Michel Niellon Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Maltroie

I brought my usual allocation of six bottles to our annual lawyer holiday party earlier in the week, they were devoured like, er, sharks.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Happy holidays, BWE!
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

And special thanks to stefan for his annual sharing of the family celebrations.
William P

Post by William P »

I had the 2013 St Innocent Special Selection, Shea Vineyard. It was beautiful. Finally coming into stride. Enjoy.

Bill