Birthday dinner with friends

Nicklasss

Birthday dinner with friends

Post by Nicklasss »

Last night, i shovelled the snow out of the gas bbq, to grill some steaks. It is alway an appreciate meal, in full winter time!

We drank a few bottles of wine, 3 bubbles and 3 reds.

Laurent Perrier NV : one of my favorite NV. Flowery, chalky, nice balance, full of bubble spritz. Good intensity. Excellent for me.

Paul Goerg NV blanc de blancs : lot of bubbles, with a mineral and strong green apples character. Freshness, lemony too. Quite good, but i preferred the LP.

Brilla Prosecco extra-dry: we're trying to include slowly Prosecco in our habits, has we're going to Italy this summer. It was a good wine, but no contestant for the Champagne. Some pastry cream, sweet pollen, small strawberries and melon. Lost it bubbles in 2 minutes, sweeter than Champagne.

2015 Château Siran : this is still developping well and probably the steal of the vintage. Dark red, superb aromatic nose of Margaux berries, red berries, rasberries, light black currants, add light spices, flowers and vanilla oak. Mouth has medium + intensity, flirting with intense berries, light sweet smoky vanilla, ripe caressing tannins. The feeling in mouth is among the most seducing ever. and balance with fresh rasberries, violet flowers and complex wood character. Almost shoclingly good! Tn: 92-93.

2016 Frank Phelan: a very good second wine, slightly diluted, but make the wine so drinkable. Mixture of blackberries, light plums, light earthy tones. Light tannins, the wine is not the longest, but the dark fruit Saint Estèphe character is an evidence. Black cherries on the final. Maybe a bit expensive. Tn: 88.

2018 Bourgogne Hautes Côte de Beaune Alexandre Parigot : slightly rustic, but strong pinot dark red berries fruit, vine wood, concentrated ripe cranberries. Nice mouth, fruity and bramble flavors, and light sulfury rocks. Intense red berry finish, with decent lenght. For the price, a nice Bourgognr from a secondary aoc. Parigot works well. Tn : 89-90.

As gift, received a Larsen VSOP Cognac, and a 2020 Champy Corton-Charlemagne. I was a bit shy, this is too much generosity!

I have another dinner but with JeanFred tonight. We should drink good bottles... after all, we have 49 yo just once!
Last edited by Nicklasss on Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dstgolf

Re: Birthday dinner with friends

Post by dstgolf »

Happy Birthday Nic. Nice lineup of wines to celebrate with. Have fun with JF tonight.
Danny
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Happy birthday Nic. Very nice celebration. Wishing you many more.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Attachments
IMG_0262-2.jpg
IMG_0261.jpg
William P

Post by William P »

Happy Birthday Nic.

Bill
JCNorthway

Post by JCNorthway »

Happy birthday, Nic. Sounds like a very nice celebration with friends.
jckba

Post by jckba »

Multiple PLL, where are the notes on those birthday boy?!?
Tom In DC

Post by Tom In DC »

Happy birthday, Nic - looks like a great evening!
jal

Post by jal »

Happy Birthday Nic, hope you had a great one, and wishing you and Marie Claude a great year
Best

Jacques
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

Nicklasss wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:06 pm
2015 Château Siran : this is still developping well and probably the steal of the vintage. Dark red, superb aromatic nose of Margaux berries, red berries, rasberries, light black currants, add light spices, flowers and vanilla oak. Mouth has medium + intensity, flirting with intense berries, light sweet smoky vanilla, ripe caressing tannins. The feeling in mouth is among the most seducing ever. and balance with fresh rasberries, violet flowers and complex wood character. Almost shoclingly good! Tn: 92-93.
That's exciting! I have a case resting in the cellar.

When I was your age the best Bordeaux I ever had was probably Mouton Cadet. :lol:
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yeah, the 2015 Siran is a beauty. I have 5 bottles in my cellar. I'll plan on drinking them between one and two blanquitos.
The 2018 Siran was the Wine Enthusiast wine of the year:

https://www.winemag.com/buying-guide/ch ... 8-margaux/
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

JimHow wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:07 pm Yeah, the 2015 Siran is a beauty. I have 5 bottles in my cellar. I'll plan on drinking them between one and two blanquitos.
The 2018 Siran was the Wine Enthusiast wine of the year:

https://www.winemag.com/buying-guide/ch ... 8-margaux/
One day Jim, we have to try the 2015 Margaux, Palmer, Rauzan Ségla, Brane- Cantenac and d'Issan, side by side, on one night. I tell you, that could be a serious "life changing event".