Poll: My 6 bottles of 2019 Montrose have arrived, should I open one in the name of science?

My 6 bottles of 2019 Montrose have arrived, should I open one in the name of science?

Yes.
71%
No.
29%

Total votes: 21
JimHow

Poll: My 6 bottles of 2019 Montrose have arrived, should I open one in the name of science?

Post by JimHow »

My 6 bottles of 2019 Montrose have arrived, should I open one in the name of science?
marcs

Re: Poll: My 6 bottles of 2019 Montrose have arrived, should I open one in the name of science?

Post by marcs »

Predicting an overwhelming landslide in favor of opening
jal

Re: Poll: My 6 bottles of 2019 Montrose have arrived, should I open one in the name of science?

Post by jal »

Is this an Elon Musk type Twitter poll?
Best

Jacques
RPCV

Post by RPCV »

Now or in 15 years
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Lol.
jckba

Post by jckba »

My vote accounted for one of the no votes and that is mostly because the couple that I have experimented with young have been shut down and unyielding, so why waste a bottle?
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

May you live long and prosper. And by opening the bottle, know there is plenty to live for.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Hmmm I'm tempted....
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

If it were anyone but you, I say no. But if anyone can How a brand new Montrose, it’s JimHow.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Ha.... They are nestled safely in the cellar, it's good to get some Montrose back in the cellar, I had zero in there.
I'll decide by the weekend whether to How one but, I'm teetering....
PghMike

Post by PghMike »

Show me yours and I'll show you mine? I should have my 2019 Bartons and Calon Segur in a few weeks. I'd be happy to try one and post in the name of scientific progress.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Hey, we only live once, Mike!
stefan

Post by stefan »

Are you thinking that you might buy more if you really, really like it? You'll be hard pressed to buy for less than $175. If buying more is not a consideration, why waste a wine that will be outstanding in a few years? Drink a 2000 Grand Puy Lacoste instead.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I got these 6 bottles for $135 each.

I like RPCV's note: "Drink now and in 15 years." And Musigny151: "May you live long and prosper. And by opening the bottle, know there is plenty to live for."

With 6 bottles, why can't I have it both ways?

Drink one now, and I'll still have FIVE more bottles for a triple blanquito when I'm in my late 70s?

Frankly, I'm shocked, and, even more frankly, a little more DISAPPOINTED...

Really? BORDEAUX WINE ENTHUSIASTS telling me I can't drink one out of SIX bottles now, in the name of science, because, the wine might be too young?

Omg.

What has happened to this site?

Are you ALL snowflakes?

I was once in a room with a BWEer (from Quebec) who dropped his pants In the presence of Bordeaux wine.

And you are complaining that I should not drink a 2019 Montrose because, ooh, drum, roll, it is... "too young"?

Even you, Stefan?

What, do you dudes think you are going to live forever?

What have you all become, a bunch of freaking cupcakes?

Ooh.. I might have one less 2019 Montrose 20 years from now in my cellar back home when I'm in my diaper in the nursing home gnawing on a tasteless bologna sandwich.... Maybe then, in the momentary glimpses of better times, I'll wish I "lived a little" and dared to, the horror, uncork a bottle of... drum roll... 2019 Chateau Montrose.

Be bold my friends!

You are Bordeaux Wine ENTHUSIASTS! This ain't no cellartracker, or winebeserkers, or anything other than the BEST wine web site on the internet.... BORDEAUX WINE ENTHUSIASTS.

Not Bordeaux Wine CUPCAKES. Jesus.

Good grief...

Of COURSE I will drink a 2019 Chateau Montrose, in the name of science. How could anyone have EVER doubted that?
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Jim,

You are one of few that can cut through those young tannins and find joy but who knows maybe with a little air and modern wine making this baby may surprise you and others. So ITNOS why not? You only live once and with 5 in tow you've got one per 5 yrs and that brings you to what 80-85!!
Danny
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

There you go, Danny, all joking aside, I don't know why that doesn't make complete sense.
Why wait till I'm 80 years old to drink these wines. I may be looong gone by then.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

I put my trousers down, and voted YES.

With my light deception with the 1995 PLL, maybe i should buy some 2019 Montrose to have in London?

Young red wines of Bordeaux never been as good as post 2005 vintage version. Today, most red Bordeaux offer good things even 3 years after the vintage, when made by the best vine growers, wine makers team. Critics are doing it all the time, drinking young Bordeaux, and giving high scores.

What would have been the 2022 BWE WOTY if you did not tried the "young" 2016 GPL?

Please Just live guys: No shame, don't be shy, enjoy young red Bordeaux and life.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I voted yes.

Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!

Or maybe How! How! How! How! How! How! How!
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

JimHow wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:42 am … when I'm in my diaper in the nursing home gnawing on a tasteless bologna sandwich...
Based on the current front runners for the 2024 contest, sounds like you’ll finally be ready for your run for the White House!

JimHow wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:42 am … Bordeaux Wine CUPCAKES...
These sound kinda good actually. I bet they pair wonderfully with tasteless bologna sandwich (TM).
marcs

Post by marcs »

I never had any doubt Jim would do the right thing and drink a bottle young!
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

I drank one of my 6 Langoa Barton's three weeks ago.
It was not shut down, was quite enjoyable, and even gave a good impression of what's to come.
jal

Post by jal »

Yup!
I opened a 2018 LLC not long ago. I have no excuses. Enjoy and report.
Best

Jacques
stefan

Post by stefan »

If you like it a lot, you must buy at least 7 more bottles. Drink one every 3 years or so until the wine hits maturity so that you will still be able to enjoy it in your 80s. The $175 you have to pay now will look like peanuts when you get around to drinking those bottles.
SF Ed

Post by SF Ed »

I am clearly in the minority. I don't understand young Bordeaux and I can't predict its evolution this early. Opening top Bordeaux on arrival is such a complete waste for me.

SF Ed
marcs

Post by marcs »

SF Ed wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:58 pm I am clearly in the minority. I don't understand young Bordeaux and I can't predict its evolution this early. Opening top Bordeaux on arrival is such a complete waste for me.

SF Ed
Be that as it may you should still be voting for Jim to drink it as it is not your bottle. If Jim drinks it you get an entertainingly drunken post from Jim and perhaps some info on the wine, while losing nothing since he is drinking his own wine and not yours. It’s win-win
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yes of course Ed would not enjoy it, it is more recent that 1964. :D
I've had many young Bordeaux that I have enjoyed up release!