White wines, Alsace and Muscadet

Nicklasss

White wines, Alsace and Muscadet

Post by Nicklasss »

Last night, a colleague invited us for an Alsatian meal, choucroute garnie, with fermented cabbage, sausages, ham and potatoes. All made a fine way.

With that, i brought a 2019 Kientzler Riesling Grand Cru Geisberg. What a cristaline, luminous, convincing wine. Light color, very classical node of petroleum, lemongrass, white peaches, confit lemon and white flowers, very perfumed. Mouth is nice, fresh, basil, lemongrass, lot of minerals... long, good acidity. I don't know what you think about Riesling, but made that way, straight, complex, me i think it is among the best. Tn: 93-94.

Tonight, the 2020 Clos des Orfeilles Muscadet Sèvre et Maine is also excellent. With salmon poke bowl, nice match. Light color, nice nose with white flesh fruits (apple, pears), seaweed and shell sweet minerality. Mouth is clean, also cristaline, a bit more simple than the nose, but lot of mineral, green lemon zest, light bitter rock. Medium flavors, not very long, but for the price, exvellent. Tn: 89-90.
Attachments
Cristaline wine, luminous, great.
Cristaline wine, luminous, great.
Harry C.

Re: White wines, Alsace and Muscadet

Post by Harry C. »

Alsatian wines get short shrift in a lot of wine sites, and I don’t really understand why. Among my favorites.
jckba

Re: White wines, Alsace and Muscadet

Post by jckba »

Looks like a killer choucroute!