New mathematics

Nicklasss

New mathematics

Post by Nicklasss »

A little quiz in that very nice Friday evening, an easy new mathematic equation to solve:

1945 Mouton Rothschild + 1947 Cheval Blanc + 1959 Lafite + 1961 Latour + 1961 Petrus + 1961 Latour à Pomerol + 1975 Yquem + 1982 Lafleur + 1982 La Mission Haut Brion + 1989 Haut Brion + 1989 Lynch Bages + 1990 Le Pin + 1990 Montrose + 1998 Vieux Château Certan + 2000 Ausone + 2005 Léoville Las Cases + 2009 Palmer + 2010 Ducru Beaucaillou + 2014 Calon Segur + 2015 Margaux + 2016 Lėoville Barton + 2018 Trotanoy =???

2 clues:

- it is not a wine from Bourgogne.
- it is not a wine.

2 last things:

- try an answer and have fun!
- i'll give the answer Sunday (or before).
stefan

Re: New mathematics

Post by stefan »

Is the answer a number? I first thought 2200, but that is too high; then 2023, but that is too low.
JeanFred

Post by JeanFred »

The great generosity of the members of BWE. All dream bottles shared in BWE tastings

JeanFred
stefan

Post by stefan »

Except, JeanFred, that the list should then be much, much, much, longer.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

2016, best vintage ever?
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Not a number. More related to something that i like even more than wine!
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

With that hint, I’d have to say Marie-Claude and the kids. But no clue as to the link to those wines…
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Nicklasss wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:42 am Not a number. More related to something that i like even more than wine!
Sex?
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Wines that Jim(+someone else, Blanquito and/or Comte) have rated 100pts. I don't think Jim has tried the 1990 Le Pin. But a lot of those others seem right.
RPCV

Post by RPCV »

22 wines....22 years of BWE...so, the answer is BWE
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

All good try, and it is funny because of course, the answer can almost be anything!

For DavidG, good try, but you know like me that nothing equal your significant other and kids.

For Comte Flaneur, also a good try, but it is not the good answer. It is something easier to access for almost everyone.

For JoelD, not a wine. But i understand passing time with other BWEers could be a possible correct answer.

For RPCV, i never thought about that, and you surely have given my favorite unexpected answer to now...

One last clue, that should point you out in the desire direction: i like art, especially music, that is the thing that i want to have forever, even more than any great wine. I like complete creator, that write, play and sing, so the answer to the equation is to me one (THE greatest?) of the greatest artist...
stefan

Post by stefan »

Nothing I think of (George Harrison, Mozart, 2001: A Space Odyssey,...) quite fits all of your hints even if the union does. When will you to give the solution?
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

The answer is David Bowie but I'm not sure how you get there from the puzzle.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

The scheme of things wasn't too clear, and i don't think anybody were completely wrong as all answer trials were "a point", but yes, the answer is Bowie, congrats to Jim.

I don't watch too much tv, but Friday night i watched "Moonage daydream", the kind of documentary film made with lot of image/interviews/point of vue from the artist in different moments of his life, and all i have to say, it is a phenomenal work, to represent a good part of what Bowie was and is. So many simple non understandable quotations and on the other way, so many points of view completely sane and reaching you... creativity, no limits, doing your thing without expectation but writing, being adore, and being not very something at the same time...

As an artist, Bowie is surely equal to an addition of the high reputation wines, that were made simply in all these vintages, influenced by their time and free decisions made completely unusually and freely.
jckba

Post by jckba »

All I am going to say is high-er mathematics.
stefan

Post by stefan »

>>
As an artist, Bowie is surely equal to an addition of the high reputation wines,
>>

No way; no How. You compare a minor pop entertainer to great Bordeaux? For shame!