2019 Domaine Suremain Mercurey 1er Cru Les Crêts

Nicklasss

2019 Domaine Suremain Mercurey 1er Cru Les Crêts

Post by Nicklasss »

Bourgogne are becoming out of range for many, including me. I hope it will temperate in the coming years, but i don't think so. Côte Chalonnaise is still offering interesting wines, as when the regional Bourgogne wines are now 30-35 $, you can still find some Mercurey 1er Cru for less than 50 $. Some passionnates about the Bourgogne terroir are writing that Mercurey teroir has some similarities with the ones of Pommard and Gevrey Chambertin.

Tonight, with simple chicken breast filled with mushrooms, spinachs and mozzarella, i opened a lately bought 2019 Domaine Suremain Mercurey 1er Cru Les Crêts. This wine has a medium deep red color, very red, nothing to do with Bordeaux that are darker. The wine is still young and promising, with nice aromas of light blackcurrants, concentrated cherries, light oak wood, light coffee and cocoa. But way more fruit on the nose. Mouth is interesting, with a nice attack on concentrated cherries and red berries. Good acidity, good structure, some fresh green wood tannins, light spices. This is balanced, in a angular sligthly austere way, but long earthy minerald and blackberry and light bramble finish. This is not as sheer as some Côtes de Nuits or Côtes de Beaune 1er Crus, but it is a nice pinot noir that will surely age and improve 10 years easily. More to come. Tn: 90+.