Wally's 2019 Finally Delivered

PghMike

Wally's 2019 Finally Delivered

Post by PghMike »

Finally got my 2019s from Wallys after lots of phone calls and lack of communication. Only shipped after I called and they realized they had them....

6x Les Carmes
4x Troplong

And the mags...
20230421_132044.jpg
JimHow

Re: Wally's 2019 Finally Delivered

Post by JimHow »

Nice. Zachy's says my 2019 Rauzan Seglas are arriving in June.
barsacpinci

Post by barsacpinci »

I contacted them but they told me they were unable to provide three bottles because they were shorted: Pavie, L’Evangile, and Hosanna. Negotiating now with them on replacements. They have the rest and will ship out soon.
Brian Pinci
jckba

Post by jckba »

Nice job on the mags.
PghMike

Post by PghMike »

barsacpinci wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:44 am I contacted them but they told me they were unable to provide three bottles because they were shorted: Pavie, L’Evangile, and Hosanna. Negotiating now with them on replacements. They have the rest and will ship out soon.
I also need to call on Hosanna. That's all I am missing. Their customer service is terrible. No status, no shipping information....
AKR

Post by AKR »

Hosanna could be a hard wine to find, but it's hard to have any sympathy for Wally's not procuring the other wines in the market place. Yes, it will cost (and hurt) them. But that's a very full priced retailer, and should be accountable.

I've never had issues with them, but I don't think I've ordered from them since the 2010 vintage...yet I'm guessing they still spend $30-$50 on postage/glossy color catalogs to my house every year. Which get tossed without even a look. It's like they have kneeled at the altar of Restoration Hardware (oops RH) style of retailing - glossy handouts and no service.
jckba

Post by jckba »

PghMike wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:50 pm
barsacpinci wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:44 am I contacted them but they told me they were unable to provide three bottles because they were shorted: Pavie, L’Evangile, and Hosanna. Negotiating now with them on replacements. They have the rest and will ship out soon.
I also need to call on Hosanna. That's all I am missing. Their customer service is terrible. No status, no shipping information....
Had dinner with Wally’s Bdx buyer the week before last as he lives here in the NYC suburbs. I can reach out and get you some answers if you want.
barsacpinci

Post by barsacpinci »

jckba wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:30 pm
PghMike wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:50 pm
Had dinner with Wally’s Bdx buyer the week before last as he lives here in the NYC suburbs. I can reach out and get you some answers if you want.
I would appreciate that! To stiff me on three desirable bottles after almost three years and being so late is unforgivable.
Brian Pinci
AKR

Post by AKR »

That's the whole scam of futures, if the wines drop in price you'll get everything. And if they garnered 100 pts or what not, then it's a whole bunch of heartache chasing them. Look at the Sherry Lehman thread on WB, so it's not just dodgy retailers (like Premier Cru, Rare LLC, Carolina etc.) that are doing this.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I don’t think it’s fair to paint all retailers dealing in Bdx futures with the scam brush. The system sucked the financial advantage out of futures years ago (2019 being an exception). But most selling futures do deliver.

The bigger problem is spotting the dodgy dealers. Those that go bad slowly can be avoided if one listens to the commentariat. I chose to ignore the warnings about PC for a good year; lesson learned. I know Sherry Lehman became dodgy with a change of ownership. Was there much warning before things went bad?

I’ve heard way too many stories of Wally’s poor customer service to give them my business even if their finances and business model is solid gold legit (not that I know).
barsacpinci

Post by barsacpinci »

Wally's kind of made good. They let me substitute those 3 half bottles (Pavie, l'Evangile, Hosanna) with two full bottles (2016 Leoville Las Cases and 2016 de Fargues). I'm happy with that. Now, they just have to ship before it gets hot!
Brian Pinci
barsacpinci

Post by barsacpinci »

barsacpinci wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:27 pm Wally's kind of made good. They let me substitute those 3 half bottles (Pavie, l'Evangile, Hosanna) with two full bottles (2014 Leoville Las Cases and 2016 de Fargues). I'm happy with that. Now, they just have to ship before it gets hot!
Brian Pinci
PghMike

Post by PghMike »

barsacpinci wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:27 pm Wally's kind of made good. They let me substitute those 3 half bottles (Pavie, l'Evangile, Hosanna) with two full bottles (2016 Leoville Las Cases and 2016 de Fargues). I'm happy with that. Now, they just have to ship before it gets hot!
They are telling me that the Hosanna's are on the way still. Perplexing...
AKR

Post by AKR »

I think the title of this thread should be amended to include the addendum of "....different wines in different sizes than what I paid for".

I'm not impressed by a vendor who switches out a prepaid rarity, in a special format, for a widely (Costco!) available wine (no matter how good it is).
Costco
Costco
barsacpinci

Post by barsacpinci »

AKR wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:09 pm I think the title of this thread should be amended to include the addendum of "....different wines in different sizes than what I paid for".

I'm not impressed by a vendor who switches out a prepaid rarity, in a special format, for a widely (Costco!) available wine (no matter how good it is).

c83cbbca0cac536e14f590c9143ae81d2f78a4a7.jpeg
I have no intention of purchasing from them again.
Brian Pinci
Claudius2

Post by Claudius2 »

Guys
All my 2019's - and I bought quite a few - were delivered to Singapore a year ago, and I've bought several more Chateaux retail since then.
Same applied in Australia, which was notoriously slow in past vintages to supply en primeur stock.
This part of the world is often slow to receive stock - partly as Singapore is a small market overall - but there is clearly a supply chain issue there.