Gosset and Castellina di Castellare

Nicklasss

Gosset and Castellina di Castellare

Post by Nicklasss »

We had a small diner tonight, with my inlaw. It is getting worst and worst for my mother inlaw, stuck with alzheimer, getting worst every week. My father inlaw is committed to take care of her, as much and as long as he can. He'll easily go to Heaven when he'll die, as i'm not sure i could do that. But i'm kind of resigned to go to Hell, drinking Rolland wines for Eternity...

Even if my mother inlaw don't remember me, or barely her daugther or our kids, she still remember Champagne. Not white or red wines, just Champagne... guess it is part of "the magic side of Champagne"!

So opened a bottle of Gosset Grand Rosé and this excellent, with color between onion peel and salmon flesh, nose of strawberries, yeast, bread, red berries and white berries and zesty minerals. Mouth is structured, i tense, strong red currants, little strawberries. Very drink, long chalky minerals. Long.
Tn : 91-92.

The 2021 Chianti was very nice. Great sangiovese, that started thin and slightly acidic, but switch to great red berries and cherries, concentrated, light spicyness, tannins, took some weight... to transcend it price! Long violet flowers and light kirsch final, medium long. Great. I checked, and we will be 10 minutes away from that estate when we'll be in Tuscany next July. We'll go visit for sure. Tn: 90.

Two nice wines.
Attachments
Two nice wines
Two nice wines
Blanquito

Re: Gosset and Castellina di Castellare

Post by Blanquito »

Nice! This makes me glad I just picked up some of the Gosset Grand Rose on sale.
SF Ed

Post by SF Ed »

Gosset is a very good Champagne house. If you ever have the opportunity, try the Celebris. The 2002 is fantastic, and hopefully I'll find a deal on the 2008 and 2012 someday.

SF Ed
AKR

Post by AKR »

Alzheimer's is the long (cruel) kiss goodnight. I'm sorry to hear about this; it's an amazing thing their spouse is doing.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Nicklasss wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:41 amut i'm kind of resigned to go to Hell, drinking Rolland wines for Eternity...
Reading this, I immediately had an image of Robert Parker as Satan in your person wine hell, looking quite dapper dressed in a garnet-red devil suit with a big Mouton-purple bow tie, forcing you to drink one 17% Rollandized wine after another. He opens bottle after bottle using his three-forked tail as a Durand. Devil-Bob has a mini-me imp at his side, bearing a remarkable resemblance to Jeff Leve, who smirkingly administers you with insulin vial after insulin vial to prevent you from slipping into a chaptalization-induced diabetic coma.