The art of being a Flaneur

JimHow

The art of being a Flaneur

Post by JimHow »

JimHow

Re: The art of being a Flaneur

Post by JimHow »

Off to Tokyo for a week, do they have good wine there?
jal

Post by jal »

JimHow wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:59 am Off to Tokyo for a week, do they have good wine there?
They have good whisky. And safe travels
Best

Jacques
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Jim,

You'd be surprised what you'll find in Tokyo. Whatever they do they do great. We had two Michelin Star French dinners in Tokyo with my first bottle of 04 Latour-Martillac that I thought was priced reasonably at about $60usd and at the second a 2000 Gruaud Larose for under $100usd. Food and service were first rate with prices no more than I'd expect to pay locally for fine dining with quality and service a step higher. You can find anything you want in Tokyo and you won't be disappointed. Try wandering through a 7-Eleven. They are everywhere but for quick lunch you can't beat them with great quality. Lot's to see and do but not enough time in one week. You would enjoy a multimedia show that will blow you away on Obaida a man man made Island that you can reach easily by subway and go see Teamlabs Planets...you won't be disappointed and it's amazing. This group has had productions on America's Got Talent several times. https://livejapan.com/en/in-tokyo/in-pr ... -a0000132/.

If you want you can find every kink known to man here and it will make Le Mask look average! Enjoy.
Danny
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Thanks I’m very excited, we’ve been talking about going for years and the stars have finally aligned. I knew you had a great trip there Danny. We’re only there from Sunday to Sunday so it is kind of a quick surgical strike trip.
Hm$(still)

Post by Hm$(still) »

I think it’s really hot there right now.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yes it is. I’m at the Grateful Dead concert in Boston tonight, it’s muggy here too.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

JimHow wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:59 am Off to Tokyo for a week, do they have good wine there?
Wow. Tokyo. No need of any wine. Just breathe.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

BWE has landed in Tokyo. The partner in crime arrives from Shanghai on Wednesday, so I have the city to myself for the next 36 hours, before the party begins. I must say.... I'm blown away by the reception here. A dream realized, Tokyo has been at the top of the list. So tomorrow I will be a flaneur here in Shinjuku! Will try to report.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Jim. You have to try the best Konshu wines.

In a week, i'll in Roma with the entire family. Can't wait!