2014 Duhart Milon, the "Wham!" documentary, and other ramblings....

JimHow

2014 Duhart Milon, the "Wham!" documentary, and other ramblings....

Post by JimHow »

Finally got around to the "Wham!" documentary on Netflix, I'm just about halfway through, some interesting behind the scenes nuggets, enjoyed the anecdote behind the genesis of "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go," I've just gotten to the point where "Careless Whispers" has smashed to #1 on the charts. Interesting perspectives on Andrew Ridgeley, you know he was really the impetus of the band and then George Michael's genius took off. Very poignant how Andrew recognized that at such a young age and put his own self-interests aside to allow George to become what he became. Looking forward to the second half of the film.

Got my delivery of 2014 Duhart Milon and 2014 Leoville Barton today from Saratoga Wines, six bottles of each, I've gotten A++ service from Saratoga the half dozen or so times I've ordered from them. Decided to uncork one of the Duharts tonight on the back deck with a small tenderloin, what a beautiful, classic, restrained Pauillac. Just like the one last week. God I love this stuff, I can't compare it to the 2014 Clerc Milon because the Clerc Milon is more Mouton and the Duhart Milon is more Lafite, but they are both stunning representations of Pauillac in that 2014 vintage that to me is just made for the northern Medoc, and I think I'll add a little "+" sign to my previous 95 point rating of the 2014 Duhart Milon. Very lovely. Rating: 95+ points.
Chateau Vin

Re: 2014 Duhart Milon, the "Wham!" documentary, and other ramblings....

Post by Chateau Vin »

Although I enjoy Duhart very much and have several vintages of it, I don’t have the 2014. I wish I bought that vintage, Jim.

But I atleast went overboard and bought quite a few of 2019 Duhart. Our local Costco is selling them for 59.99... Sweet!!

I am contemplating to get more of 2019 Haut Bages Liberal for 36/per. Haven’t tasted it and wonder how it is...
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Very well done indeed, CV. That's a great deal on the 2019 Duhart.
I've had the 2019 Haut Bages Liberal twice. Once it was too much, overly burly and tannic, downright weird. The other time it was a nice balanced Pauillac. I've wondered whether there was something wrong with that burly bottle. Still, at $36, I vote that you buy three or more bottles. I think I still have another half dozen in my cellar.
Chateau Vin

Post by Chateau Vin »

Will get atleast 3 bottles of HBL, and more of other 2019s.

I don’t think we will see those prices for Bordeaux at Costco or other retailers in our lifetime again...Will try to maximize the opportunity...
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

I am following the pied piper - I bought some 2014 D’Armailhac and 2014 Clerc Milon now 2014 Duhart is high up on my bucket list
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

VERY well done indeed Mr Flaneur!
I have thought all three are gorgeous representations of Pauillac. Clerc Milon is profound.
AKR

Post by AKR »

Clerc Milon vs. Duhart Milon might be an interesting theme for some BWE event someday