Maine lobster and Niellon white Burgundy on the back deck. If there is a Heaven, I have found it....

JimHow

Maine lobster and Niellon white Burgundy on the back deck. If there is a Heaven, I have found it....

Post by JimHow »

...on a perfect late July night in Maine. Even the President of the United States was in town this afternoon, he's no dummy.
Attachments
IMG_0006-2.jpg
JimHow

Re: Maine lobster and Niellon white Burgundy on the back deck. If there is a Heaven, I have found it....

Post by JimHow »

With Rubinstein's version of Chopin's Nocturnes. I think I've said this before, I feel the human species reached its peak in the first half of the 1800s, when Chopin lived, culminating in the Nocturnes. How we went from that to the horror and evil that followed for the next 100 years is a question I hope to find an answer to before I head off to join the Great Stefan in the Great Tasting Room in the Sky. in the meantime.... on to La Pie de la Whoopee....
jckba

Re: Maine lobster and Niellon white Burgundy on the back deck. If there is a Heaven, I have found it....

Post by jckba »

Nice, can’t go wrong with Niellon and I think the labeling was slightly updated with the 2019 vintage which unfortunately coincided with some hefty year over year increases at least via our wonderful 3 tiered system of ripping us off.
ericp

Post by ericp »

Jim, that’s literally the perfect combination of food and wine, lobster and Chassagne Montrachet - Wow.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

It sure seems like Niellon has become BWE’s house white burg. Oh yeah, life is good, very good.
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

Three lobsters and Niellon are perfection You’re just one lobster short. 🦞🦞🦞
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

The Marquis de Chassagne was a character in a movie we watched last week - Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris.
jckba

Post by jckba »

Musigny 151 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:02 am Three lobsters and Niellon are perfection You’re just one lobster short. 🦞🦞🦞
IMG_1808.jpeg
Three’s a charm … and Ceil wanted Sancerre over my general Chardonnay preference with lobster so I obliged.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Mmm doggie.
ericp

Post by ericp »

Oh man, you guys are torturing me lol. Now I’m wondering how I can get a couple lobsters this weekend!
stefan

Post by stefan »

Mmm. My mouth is watering. I am sorry that tonight I have to eat BBQ and drink cheap Bordeaux.
Gerry M.

Post by Gerry M. »

My daughter is home visiting from Denver. Her only request is lobsters and steamers while she's home. We plan to oblige tomorrow once the weather clears
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

BTW I hope you don’t mind a quick commercial, if anybody is interested in half a dozen bottles each of 2020 Vergers and Malatroie, I had to buy a 12 bottle case to buy a couple of Grand Crus. I am happy to keep six of each and was planning to sell the other six at my cost, which is $88. Currently in UK, arriving (hopefully) October.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Yes! I want all of them! I’m a greedy bastard!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Lol, I’m my kindness and benevolence of course I will share.
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

Ok sold.

You may have to come to Westchester to pick up the wines and we may have to do a lobster dinner offline to make sure they are decent.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

So it is written. So it shall be done.
Man I still can’t get over what a match that was last night.