2016 Sociando Mallet and other musings

ericp

2016 Sociando Mallet and other musings

Post by ericp »

2016 Sociando

Popped and poured. Super tight - bit of cedar on the nose and red fruit.

Have a few deboned chicken thighs on the grill low and slow. Couple lamb chops for the red meat eaters in the wings.

Not sure what’s happening in the capital but we’ve got a mentally challenged President, a leader of the senate who is aging right before our eyes. Where it’ll end, we’ll see!!

E
JimHow

Re: 2016 Sociando Mallet and other musings

Post by JimHow »

Hey E, the President was right here in Lewiston, Maine, this afternoon, he should have stopped by for some lobster, a major faux pas. The 2016 Sociando is a giant beast that will go for 50+ years, it does show some hints with several hours of air. The 2014 is much more open.
ericp

Post by ericp »

Those chicken thighs on the slow cook are super crispy and the lamb chops are ready roll. Grilled some potato slices along with corn on the cob (hello summer!).

Sociando is opening up, much richer than earlier. Red fruit is really coming thru along with some forest floor.

Amazing that in the meantime no one from our govt has died, had a stroke or committed a felony lol.
ericp

Post by ericp »

Biden in Maine, did you get a chance to see him?

Sociando is really opening up now. The richness has continue to develop, graphite, black fruits, and a hint of cedar in the back. This is reminding me of the amazing 1996 Sociando. Really good wine (RFG as I tell my friends), time will tell if it can meet the heights of the 96.

If you don’t own any, buy now before it’s too late!!(full enablement mode).
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Thanks for the note Eric as like I am sure many others here I have a case of this.

I have never had a bottle of the 1996 that has impressed me - goodness knows I persevered with it.

Has anyone tried the 2005 lately?
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

The 95 Sociando is the one that impresses me. 95>96 in my experience. The 01 was also excellent. 01>00.
ericp

Post by ericp »

Having “How’d” a case and a half of the 96, it was terrific young. After age 15, it didn’t quite have the same gravitas it did in its youth, no argument there Ian.

The 16 may be headed for similar infanticide at ChezP, 1 of 4 six packs down 😂
Musigny 151

Post by Musigny 151 »

ericp wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:03 am Those chicken thighs on the slow cook are super crispy and the lamb chops are ready roll. Grilled some potato slices along with corn on the cob (hello summer!).

Sociando is opening up, much richer than earlier. Red fruit is really coming thru along with some forest floor.

Amazing that in the meantime no one from our govt has died, had a stroke or committed a felony lol.
But our President has acknowledged a grandchild born out of wedlock. Does that count?
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

People should stop looking at tabloid news (incl. fox), lol.
Racer Chris

Post by Racer Chris »

I don't have any of the 2016 S-M, but I'm tempted to buy more of the 2014.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

For me the 2016 Sociando was so Not Sociando☹️..too ripe and glossy....it made long for the vintages of yesteryear