Pompano Dinner

JeanFred

Pompano Dinner

Post by JeanFred »

Last Thursday, We (Josée and I)have had a dinner with Katy and Stuart at one of the favorite place, Cafe Maxx.

What a magnificent time we have had. As the well known citation « BWE is not about wine, it about People ». My time spent with Katy and Stuart, having great discussions and knowing more each other, is the most memorable things.

The food was delicious, we had Pie Caviar, Scallops and Lamp but our favorite plate was the Tuna Pizza.

And the wine, Again, Stuart legendary generosity has shined:
89 Lynch Bages
82 Margaux
82 Mouton
and a 2019 Inniskillin Vidal Ice Wine

Speechless, I was!
The Mouton was Amazing, my choice for the WOTN, the Lynch shined, and the Margaux was great. Stuart prefered the 89 BWE iconing Legends!

We started with The BWE wine, 89 Lynch Bages, still a youth wine, charming nose of black berry, concentrate, Pauillac aspect, beautiful balance, silky, long finish, that the one improve the most during the dinner, 97

The 82’s, I have tasted those 2 wines before on tasting a couple times, mainly with BWE but not enough to evaluate bottle variation… from Stuart experience, the two 82 wasn’t « their best bottle », eventhough both were fabulous for me!

The Margaux was on finesse, still some margaux berry on nose with soya and, tertiaries aromas. Nice finesse, more tertiary aspect with acidity, a bit thin, medium body, 94

The Mouton was … Mouton! magical, powerfuel, long, nice concentration of blackberry fruit, Silky tannins, almost creamy with the Pauillac bone. He reminds me in a way, the style of The Charming Mouton 96 we had 2 months ago! 98.

2019 Inniskillin Vidal Ice Wine: Nice nose of peach, with hint of caramel and brown sugar. Charming, onctuous, well balanced and freshness 92-93

What a great time we had, thanks again Stuart

JeanFred
Nicklasss

Re: Pompano Dinner

Post by Nicklasss »

Nice report JF. Kathy and Stuart are always so generous and a great couple to handle and discuss with.

Great set of Bordeaux. To enjoy the hosts. Big hug to them.

Nic
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I could only smile when I heard that Stuart produced the ‘89 Lynch. Thank you for the report, JF, it felt like we were there.
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Envious again. Nice to see BWE'ers getting together and drinking well but more importantly sharing each others company. Thanks for the report JF and yes Stu and Kathy are an epic couple. It's been a long time but nice to catch up through these posts.
Danny
s*d*r

Post by s*d*r »

It was great to host JeanFred and Josée at our local haunt. JF looked like he stepped out of the cover of GQ Magazine, so healthy, fit and handsome.

We were able to discuss a lot of different things, especially running, Canadian educational system and culture. Very little wine talk. JF and Josée even let me practice a tiny bit of my very poor French 🫨.

Yes, for me the Lynch-Bages was the clear star, incredibly young, concentrated and powerful but now starting to demonstrate its Pauillac birth place. Unfortunately, the ‘82 FGs were not at their very best even though the Mouton was one of my few remaining bottles from my original purchase. Nevertheless interesting and enjoyable. Great notes from JeanFred.

The Ice Wine was a huge hit for me. Especially in the summer I like lighter, more delicate and lower alcohol dessert wines and this one was perfect for the occasion.
Stu

Je bois donc je suis.
Blanquito

Post by Blanquito »

Sounds like another special evening visiting Stu and Kathy. Thanks for the notes. Some legendary wines!
AKR

Post by AKR »

Lovely lineup
JeanFred

Post by JeanFred »

Some pictures
Attachments
65DB81E6-5B8B-4213-9722-E12BC67E8ED5.jpeg
72D59A60-9827-4CA8-AFB7-73E787548113.jpeg
CD9BCC55-8310-40E7-8387-5C32D7DBB457.jpeg
7705FD3D-FAE8-4DCD-BC92-E413BCB693BB.jpeg
JeanFred

Post by JeanFred »

JimHow wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:09 am I could only smile when I heard that Stuart produced the ‘89 Lynch.
:o

Glad if I could made you smiling ;)

And I can say , this won’t be the last time from your French Canadien ;)

JeanFrederic
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Très bien fait en effet, mon ami.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

Always a good time visiting Stu and Kathy. We have to get down there again one of these days.
s*d*r

Post by s*d*r »

Jesus, I look totally wasted when all I was trying to do was lean closer to my girl for the picture 🥵.
Stu

Je bois donc je suis.
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

You guys look as handsome and beautiful as ever, sdr, life is good!
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Lovely evening. That 82 Mouton is stellar. One of my WOTY this year for sure.

Glad to see everyone doing well down in Florida. I'll have to make it down to Pompano this fall to see my girlfriend's parents. Maybe we can get a little mini BWE Florida at some point. It would be great to meet the legendary Stu and Kathy!
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Blanquito was talking about a trip to see the Orlando Bobbies as well, perhaps in February. we shall see.
I've got two more trips to Europe coming up, next week and in October!