Italian wines again

Nicklasss

Italian wines again

Post by Nicklasss »

Since we're back from Italy, well we drink italian. I should get back with some Bordeaux soon. But for now...

2021 Castellare di Castellina Chianti Classico: again, traditional and excellent, dark red color, nose of cherries, dark berries, violet flowers. Mouth is medihm body, with elegance, but also structure and acidity. Crushed cherries, vinebwood, light flowers. Very good. Tn : 90.

2019 Sottimano Barbaresco Basarin : less traditional, concentrated for a nebbiolo. Red blood color, strong nose of crushed berries, incense, ink, licorice and bitter darkberries. Strong in mouth, lot of taste with concentrayed cherries, tamarin, soy sauce, licorice. Kind of smoky too. Long, dense, not that much finesse (very sad). A Terminator. Rating : 91.

2015 Il Poggione Brunello.di Montalcino: simply a great Brunello, with it's own signature. Distinctive personality. Medium red color. Big nose of cherries, currants, meat, flowers and cold charcoal. In mouth, as complex as the nose, very tasteful but clearly balanced with the acidity and structure. So long, with smoky blue fruit and light coal mineral. It is the 3rd time i have a wine from that producer, always been impressed... tn : 93.

All very different wines, nothing like the french or Bordeaux wines, still excellent wines.
JimHow

Re: Italian wines again

Post by JimHow »

I think Il Poggione is my favorite Brunello.
Blanquito

Re: Italian wines again

Post by Blanquito »

Yeah, Il Poggione is da bomb.