Mixed results last night

Nicklasss

Mixed results last night

Post by Nicklasss »

Last night, surprises.

The Petit Chablis Clothilde Davenne 2021 is really of a good level, which has nothing to envy to other Chablis. Ripe, beautiful white fruit, slight minerality, length, excellent.

Riesling Réserve Leon Beyer 2021. I have been drinking this wine since the beginning of my interest in wine, 31 years ago. I have always liked it, and I went to the estate in 2004. This 2021 was possibly the vintage that I liked the least, less dry, richer, which brings it back to the level of a less straight, less crisp Riesling. 'elegance. Good, with candied lemon, lime, but less complex and serious than the other vintages.

The Croze Hermitage Aléofane 2020 is wonderful. Beautiful typical and classic Syrah from this terroir, raspberries, blackberries, smoke, meat, with great elegance and length. A little land. Really nice drinkability too. Natasha Chave, in the family of the Grand Master of the Hermitage Chave? Yum.

Finally the Seigneur d'Aiguilhe 2019 is disappointing. Not very pronounced red fruits, a little overcooked fruit, more oak-based on the nose and on the palate. Not coarse, but more of a "meh" type wine.
Attachments
Mixed results last night.
Mixed results last night.