Zachy's 2006 Bordeaux sale

DavidG

Zachy's 2006 Bordeaux sale

Post by DavidG »

Are any of these worth the plunge? Lots of discounts but I'm not feeling that longing in my gut that used to accompany a sale of recently released Bordeaux...
DavidG

Re: Zachy's 2006 Bordeaux sale

Post by DavidG »

I tried to attache the pdf of the offer but the forum software does not allow PDF attachments. I tried uploading with a different file extension but it was too smart...
Houndsong

Post by Houndsong »

When I got that email I clicked the link twice but it wouldn't open. I've passed so many times on the last three vintages already that I'm not bothering to follow up on this offer.
DavidG

Post by DavidG »

I think they had trouble with their website, as I had the same problem on Friday afternoon, but it came up OK on Saturday. I don't think you're missing too much Hound. Looking at the prices, while some are a lot lower than the original Zachy's prices, I didn't see any screaming deals on wines I really wanted.
Jon Burdick

Post by Jon Burdick »

I see that Pops has a sale on 2006s. It appears prices have come a long ways down from en primeur; some are even near market. I'm almost tempted, however with a full cellar of 2005s, and 2008s being even less expensive, I'm inclined to hold off on '06s.