2019 Brusco dei Barbi and coming moose hunting

Nicklasss

2019 Brusco dei Barbi and coming moose hunting

Post by Nicklasss »

Opened that last night with pizzas, at a friend birthday party. Was fun as for the first time, i played 2 songs i have composed/wrote to the party group (mostly execellent musicians, but not me).

95 % sandiovese, rest merlot. Kind of evolved color, like slightly oxydized blood red. Nose of acodic cherries, cranberries, vine wood and soil. Mouth has a light red berry fruit, some wild good tannic sangiovese raisin and vine tastes. Good presence in mouth, good acidity. Opposite of modern lush ripe industrial wines. Very italian in style. Very good. Tn : 88-89.

Leaving tomorrow a few days for moose hunting. I'll be in a small heaven (nature, no kids, no wife, no tv, no music, no internet, no living in society rules) with a cousin and my brother. Will bring probably a few bottles of wines, but nothing fancy.
Last edited by Nicklasss on Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimHow

Re: 2019 Brusco dei Barbi and coming moose hunting

Post by JimHow »

Nice. I think a young Pauillac with moose meat cooked rare would be a perfect match. I think you have posted pictures before, it seems to me you cool that rare, like venison.
barsacpinci

Post by barsacpinci »

You can eat moose?
Brian Pinci
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

Mmmm doggie...

https://thehuntingcompany.com/4-health- ... se-meat-2/

I could be wrong but I believe Nicola has posted pictures from his moose hunting trips, I think he has held off shooting them in the past.

I think Thoreau would have an opinion:

https://www.latimes.com/la-oe-theroux14 ... story.html