WTF? When did I buy that?

Gerry M.

WTF? When did I buy that?

Post by Gerry M. »

Here's a funny one you. I started getting e-mails from JJ Buckley a few weeks ago saying I had a lone bottle with them in storage. Since it is only one bottle there are no accumulated storage costs. Still, it puzzled me what could this possibly be. Was it real?

I logged in and saw it was a 1978 Guigal Cote-Rotie Brune et Blonde. I'm left scratching my head just dumbfounded when I could have bought this. It had to be at least 7 or 8 years ago and waited to ship until I had more bundle with it and just lost track. Going thru the check out process to ship the only charge was the $21 to ship. I thought that was a little high for FedEx ground but what the hell, I feel like I just paid $21 for the bottle 🤪
JoelD

Re: WTF? When did I buy that?

Post by JoelD »

Ha that's great. The 82 was awesome last year. Was quite fun to try against the La Mouline.

I do the same thing though, I always try to fill out to a full case and sometimes this can happen. I still have a few random bottles at random places. I've even written off a couple over the years.
ericp

Re: WTF? When did I buy that?

Post by ericp »

Been there Gerry! Got a call a few years ago about 2cs of 2010 Lanessan I had “forgotten”. Perfectly aged when I picked it up lol