2022 Cep by cep, Saumur Champigny

Nicklasss

2022 Cep by cep, Saumur Champigny

Post by Nicklasss »

Young, dark red and purplish in color.
Beautiful ripe fruit on the nose, reminiscent of a Beaujolais wine with sweet blackberries, purple flowers, and the mineral/earthy side, the slight touch of vegetal (green pepper, mint) betrays the franc Cabernet!
Smooth palate, slightly tannic for Saumur Champigny, but very intense and concentrated in dark red and purple fruits. A little "dung", vine wood, but 90% buried in the fruit. Very good, especially for only a little over $20. Great purchase.
Attachments
Dark young Cab Franc
Dark young Cab Franc
JCNorthway

Re: 2022 Cep by cep, Saumur Champigny

Post by JCNorthway »

I've had very few of these wines other than last year when we were in the Loire area. I enjoyed several on that trip, but do not remember the producers. But your description is similar to my recollections.
robert goulet

Post by robert goulet »

Lovely Nic, nvr seen this producer.... speaking of Loire, I will be meeting up with Orlando Bobby this evening for some Loire action..I believe he will be popping Vatan😮 and a Rougeard Poyeaux!❤️
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

robert goulet wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:56 pm Lovely Nic, nvr seen this producer.... speaking of Loire, I will be meeting up with Orlando Bobby this evening for some Loire action..I believe he will be popping Vatan😮 and a Rougeard Poyeaux!❤️
Nice Robert! Never had any of these, but know their reputation. One day, i will taste a Rougeard...

Lately, i've been buying mostly Beaujolais, but i should buy more Loire red wines.
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

robert goulet wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:56 pm Lovely Nic, nvr seen this producer.... speaking of Loire, I will be meeting up with Orlando Bobby this evening for some Loire action..I believe he will be popping Vatan😮 and a Rougeard Poyeaux!❤️
What a tease!!! This will be deserving of a true post. Get OB to make a limited time comeback to the site for his notes on this!!