2021 Clos de la Roilette

Nicklasss

2021 Clos de la Roilette

Post by Nicklasss »

Although 2021 really seems less concentrated than 2019-2020, the result is the same: a rapid disappearance of the liquid, and a dead bottle, ready to be recycled.

The Clos de la Roilette 2021 was light red in color, with a nose that was more floral than fruity, but still a complex blend of cherries and topsoil. On the palate, what surprised me, light attack of dark red flowers, red berries, lots of rotten granite soil, freshness and surprising length! I admit to having preferred the 2019-2020, but this 2021 is intriguing, a little captivating, but certainly not disappointing.
Attachments
Ouf, i never saw a bottle of Bordeaux getting empty quicker than tbat 2021 Fleurie
Ouf, i never saw a bottle of Bordeaux getting empty quicker than tbat 2021 Fleurie
AlexR

Re: 2021 Clos de la Roilette

Post by AlexR »

One of the very reliable large producers in Beaujolais.

I intend to spend a week in the region next year and fill the trunk with affordable wine.

Alex
jckba

Post by jckba »

A timely post with Thanksgiving right around the corner.

Love these wines and the straight fleurie is great to drink while you allow the Cuvee Tardive to age to stretch its legs. I skipped the straight fleurie in 2021 after tasting a btl but bought the CT in multiple formats, 750, mag and 3L as well as a bunch of the Griffe du Marquis. Couderts CdlR is one of the 3 Cru Bojo producers that are automatic buys for me along with Foillard and Thivin.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

You remind me to buy some Thivin, jckba. I think two cuvées from 2021 are available at the moment, sept parcelles, and godefroy.
greatbxfreak

Post by greatbxfreak »

AlexR,

Large producer? Only 14 ha.

Jckba,

Clos de la Roilette 2020 was great to drink a few months ago.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Izak,

That is twice the average size in the Beaujolais:

https://www.jancisrobinson.com/articles ... nd-figures

Burgundy is so much smaller!

I also seem to see the wine everywhere.

Alex
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

I love the Tardive and Griffe so much. I'm less enthralled by the base version at the small price difference. I just bought a bunch of back vintage of both of the old vine wines from 2010-2019 and have been quite happy with many of them.

Surprisingly I really like the 2018 vintage in bojo and also Loire reds. Maybe because they're generally lighter styled wines and do well with the added weight?

Actually I'm fairly sure that it was you that enticed my to try the producer for the first time a year or two ago when I was not liking/drinking much bojo. Thanks, Nic!