Happy Thanksgiving BWE!

Gerry M.

Happy Thanksgiving BWE!

Post by Gerry M. »

Had to get an early start today to begin cooking the 2nd of two 23lb turkeys for a crowd of 20+ guests.

Unfortunatley, the wine will be a little on the boring side with some NV Pol Roger as a welcomer along with Copain Les Voisins chardonnay and Cambria Julia's vineyard pinot. The good news is, after many years of swilling Bud Light, most of the kids have come around to drinking wine. The bad news is the appreciation for the quality hasn't caught up to them yet. I'll pop a Chablis and a couple of Burgs' just for them to try in comparison in hopes of getting maybe one of them to come over to the dafk side.

Happy Thanksgiving BWE! Gotta go, wife says I have too much to do to be chatting here!
JCNorthway

Re: Happy Thanksgiving BWE!

Post by JCNorthway »

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We will be starting with NV Gatinois Rose while the turkey does its transformation. I plan to open a magnum of 2000 Bosquet des Papes CdP, hoping it has slept well. Will have some Oregon Pinot Noir and Chianti for backups if needed.
stefan

Post by stefan »

Happy Thanksgiving to all BWEers from stefan, Lucie, and family. We'll have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with various sparkling wines and Oregon PN.
Comte Flaneur

Post by Comte Flaneur »

Happy Thanksgiving one and all
ericp

Post by ericp »

Happy thanksgiving all! We spent las night in NYC with Billy Joel, super fun show. Drove home today so we’re having turkey day on Friday. I’m thinking a white burg and SI Pinot, but we’ll see tomorrow..
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the USA. Enjoy your holiday and have great turkey/wine combo.
Claudius2

Post by Claudius2 »

Happy thanksgiving folks.
Wendy and I are in Central Java - spent the day visiting Borobudur and yesterday was Prambunan temple - one Buddhist and one Hindu - in a country that is mainly Muslim. Things change…
Cheers
Mark
William P

Post by William P »

A little late, but happy Thanksgiving to all.

Bill