2014 Clos de la Roilette Tardive

RPCV

2014 Clos de la Roilette Tardive

Post by RPCV »

Served with the Thanksgiving dinner.

Preceded by a wonderful Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Reserve. A very nice bubbly...

Popped and poured. Nice color, clearing at the rim. At once, a very red-fruited wine with cranberries, red cherries and tart currants on the nose. Not super complex but did develop nicely over the course of dinner prep and the meal itself. Deepening flavors emerge as I get through the second glass. Great acidity and very light tannin that cleanses the palate. This is a very nice Beaujolais and perfect for the meal. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
jckba

Re: 2014 Clos de la Roilette Tardive

Post by jckba »

Nice, still have a couple of mags of the 2014 and like you, I opened a CdlR yesterday in the 2022 Fleurie as Cru Bojo really makes for the perfect Thanksgiving wine.
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Great thanksgiving choice. I almost pulled the 2016 myself. The Tardive is probably my favorite bojo, dollar for dollar. Although the griffe beats it in some vintages. I've had both of the 2014's recently and they're quite good but the griffe has more interesting things going on underneath all the layers. Even older vines for that I'm told.
Nicklasss

Post by Nicklasss »

Nice report, on a 9 yo Fleurie. Clos de la Roilette seems to never be a deception.

Opened another 2021 Clos de la Roilette « normal » last night, and again, was quite good, and liked by everyone who taste it.