2009 Senejac

RPCV

2009 Senejac

Post by RPCV »

Keeping to last week's theme of quaffers from 2009, I opened the 2009 Senejac. A case purchase on release and after drinking this bottle, I am glad I have more.

Opened and poured a glass one hour before consumption. It smelled amazing so it was hard to keep my hands off of it.

Perfect cork. Nice medium garnet color, lightening at the rim. Nose reveals red/black cherry with a hint of herbal Luden's cough drops. This is an earthy, medium bodied wine with soft tannins, red and black cherry, cassis, and a hint of licorice. Nice bead of acidity extends the finish and cleanses the palate. I had two glasses and started watching a movie. I came back and poured another glass of wine about an hour later. The flavors had broadened and deepened. Tannins seem to come on late and are smooth and complimentary. This is a fantastic wine, especially for the money. Dare I say that I finished the entire bottle! No rush to drink these. A four star effort.
Gerry M.

Re: 2009 Senejac

Post by Gerry M. »

Nice note. I've had three vintages of Senejac (2010, 2015, 2016) and enjoyed them all. Definately a great qpr.
Ianjaig

Re: 2009 Senejac

Post by Ianjaig »

Yes, nice note. I haven't tried the 09 but was very impressed with the 16 which I ended up buying a case of. It's a great QPR as you say - up there with the TSB.