December 15th wines

Nicklasss

December 15th wines

Post by Nicklasss »

Philippe Gonet Rosé Champagne: an “affordable” Champagne, well made, but lacks a little depth for the terroir where it comes from. Fine nose of light red berries, a little flower. Plus an aperitif Champagne. Rating: 87.

2020 Chablis Laurent Tribut: a lottery product, one of the few allocated for me in 2023! I didn't know this producer, but I loved it! Pale yellow color, very typical Chablis nose, light lemongrass, flowers and leaves, minerals from shellfish. Mouth of medium body, fresh, incredibly pleasant. Flavors of acid white fruits, lime, shellfish, airy. Beautiful length, full of elegance. Score: 91.

2021 Chablis 1er Cru Vaugiraut Domaine Pinson: Of course, better than the village, with the same color but more powerful/convincing aromas: white-fleshed fruits, slightly candied lemon, white flowers, still wet shells. Elegant palate, well-balanced power, with the same flavors on the palate as on the nose, full-bodied, no sensation of wood, just fruit, terroir, freshness and length. Score: 93.

2020 Gigondas Aux Lieux-dits Domaine Santa-Duc: Joël the wine advisor gave me a taste, I had to leave with a bottle. Pale cherry red color, great nose of morello cherries, red raspberries, spices, garrigue, thyme, “bright” nose! Mouth that resembles Pinot Noir, with fairly pure red fruit, but the spicy and light is/licorice side brings us back to Grenache, supported by its friends Mourvèdre and Syrah. Aerial but dense, complex, long, with a “drinkable” side. Score: 94.

Charles Heidsieck Champagne: Champagne is perfect to start and end an evening! This one is really nice, fruity, smoky, slight touch of ginger, lots of bubbles, fresh, lingering. Well done. Rating: 92.
Attachments
Excellent wines
Excellent wines