White wines, pre-white Christmas

Nicklasss

White wines, pre-white Christmas

Post by Nicklasss »

December 22 pre-White Christmas

2022 Kalogeri Domaine Papagiannakos: good white wine for an aperitif, with light fruitiness of dry lemon and pineapple. In the mouth, very dry, light minerality, simplicity. Correct. Score: 82-83.

2022 Roero Arneis Vietti: we just moved up several levels! Very beautiful white, exotic fruits (pineapple, light peaches), herbs, anise on the nose. On the palate, nice balance, same exotic fruit flavors as on the nose, a little mango, lemon, good freshness and length. Nice surprise for me, very charming. Rating: 92.

2020 Marsannay Domaine Bruno Clair: at first glance, I haven't liked any Burgundy red yet... this one is the white. Very beautiful nose, a little austere but well characterized with spicy pears, complex vanilla oak, and a mineral or saline side. On the palate, it is rich, pears, yellow apples, but with slightly green wood, a salted caramel side, long and almost “tannic” finish. Very good, marked by the somewhat austere terroir of Marsannay. Score: 91.

2022 Sancerre Cédrick Bardin: very good Sancerre of medium intensity. Pale color, typical nose of Sauvignon, grass, fresh, blackcurrant plant, light lemon and pink grapefruit. Medium-bodied palate, fresh, tasty, white fruits, blackcurrant plant, lime, not very long, nor mineral, but very good. Rating: 89.

Perrier-Jouet Brut: excellent Champagne, creamy, white fruits, chalky, bread crust. Good richness, fine and abundant bubbles. Length on a little pastry, pears, still corpulent. For the price, a good WoW! Rating: 92.
Attachments
Some nice white wines
Some nice white wines
Last edited by Nicklasss on Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JCNorthway

Re: White wines, pre-white Christmas

Post by JCNorthway »

The Vietti Arneis seems to be pretty consistently good. The last vintage I bought was 2020, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
jckba

Re: White wines, pre-white Christmas

Post by jckba »

Love the Bruno Clair wines but unfortunately the value proposition has been slowly disappearing as their pricing has been steadily going up year over year at least here in the US.