Happy New Year

Comte Flaneur

Happy New Year

Post by Comte Flaneur »

To you all - may 2024 be healthy, happy, peaceful and prosperous

Seeing in the New Year with this

It is so good that it is a contender for my woty and surely wotv?

IMG_1904.jpeg
Nicklasss

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Nicklasss »

Happy New Year to you Ian, and all BWEers around that planet.

Wish you health, happiness, friendship and more peace in the different parts of the World.

I had the 2002 Mouton Rothschild, as Jim brought it to Charlotte in 2016, when we did that roadtrip to see Susan/Rob Dayton. It was very impressive at that time, so understand it must be something great now. You should open the 2002 Pichon Lalande I gave you, to compare!
JoelD

Post by JoelD »

Happy New Year, Ian.

I could see that wine drinking quite well right now. I don't think that the bottle of this that we had at our 2002 First growth table at BWE 2022 was a correct bottle. The Haut Brion, Lafite and Palmer all crushed it for me. I'll be curious to see what you think of the Palmer whenever you open your lone bottle.

I very much hope to see you at least once if not more in 2024, my friend.
marcs

Post by marcs »

Perhaps I’m prejudiced because I brought that 02 Mouton in 2022, but I think it was correct (fruit seemed fine/no evidence of being corked, purchased at release and professionally stored). I ranked it behind the Lafite (my first Lafite ever), but didn’t find any of those 02 FGs to be super impressive that night…perhaps the giant lineup of wines setting was not an optimal way to appreciate it.

I’ve had it twice now and both times it’s been very enjoyable and well balanced but for me lacked some depth to be great…the 02 factor I suppose. I have one bottle left and if Ian can find his way to DC in 2024 I’d be happy to open it with him!