Throwing a rock in 2021 d’Armailhac lake

Nicklasss

Throwing a rock in 2021 d’Armailhac lake

Post by Nicklasss »

In Montréal, i taste the 2021 Château d’Armailhac. I know dstgolf, JimHow and JeanFred taste it too. It is a well made wine, no objection there. It is a very good red wine of Bordeaux, I can still buy that. It is improving since many vintage (at the stand, they explained to me that it is the case since d’Armailhac and Clerc Milon have their own management team. Before, there was one management team for the 3 Mouton Châteaux, focusing more on the 1st than the two 5th). But unfortunately, I’m thinking it is not very « Pauillac », so it loses some interest or enthusiast to me. A bit « a la » 2021 Château Grand-Puy Ducasse.

The 2021, taste next to it brother Clerc Milon, or it far away cousin Duhart Milon, i would put my money on the two « Milon » if I want a Pauillac.

What are your thoughts about 2021 d’Armailhac?
JeanFred

Re: Throwing a rock in 2021 d’Armailhac lake

Post by JeanFred »

For 2021, As you I prefer both Milon. Clerc milon was very Serious and Pauillac but I prefer Duhart, more complexe, serious but more fruity, dark berries, softer tannins.

Duhart was also on my second favorite group of 2021

JeanFred
dstgolf

Post by dstgolf »

Guys,

As you remember those three were side by each at the tasting and I went with the dArmailhac first and heard the same spiel that Nic did. I thought out of all the wines that I had tried apart from Talbot and the Bartons that this was right in its wheelhouse. An early drinker and very well made. Not sure price point at present but this used to be much less than the others two Milons discussed. I agree 100% the Duhart has consistently delivered since at least 2000 and the Clerc has had great consistency as well. Clerc certainly a very serious wine with the duh art showing more Lafite like elegance. All a matter of style and I agree I'd place them in a ranking of Duhart, Clerc and d'Armailhac but each is very well crafted and it comes to style preference and of course cost which has been getting a little out of hand.
Danny
JimHow

Post by JimHow »

I'm a big fan of d'Armailhac, always have been since the 1990 vintage, up through 2021....