2 Italian reds

Nicklasss

2 Italian reds

Post by Nicklasss »

AT my brother’s place in Laval. Good dinner last night.

A very good Lanson rosé to start, was very convenient, with red currants, strawberries, light pâtisserie, good body and lot of bubbles. Very good. Tn: 90.

2020 Brancaia Il Blu : decanted more than 3 hours. Majority of merlot, with sangiovese and cabernet sauvignon. Dark red color. Powerful nose, lot of creamy dark red berries, seductive oak with vanilla, light Brown sugar, creamy cassis. Still young. Mouth is like the nose, a bit lush but very seductive and balanced. Sweet cherries and dark red berries, light vanilla and chocolate, with creamy ripe tannins. Final on oak buried in lot of fruit flavors. Medium length. Tn: 92+. Will surely develop more thing in the next 10 years.

2012 Dagromis Barolo Gaja : OMG. Mybrother opened that wine that was just great. Light color but what a perfume! Peppermint, rose petals, red currants, strawberries, light tar, spicy vanilla… and more. Nose and mind blasting! Mouth with lot of nebbiolo authenticity, kirsch red cherries, strawberries, flowers, mint. Great freshness,great tannins,ethereal length, with kind of wet redberries, sweet tobacco oak, licorice and black pepper. Very impressive! Tn : 95-96.
Attachments
Very good but the Gaja Dagromis was better, in avery different style.
Very good but the Gaja Dagromis was better, in avery different style.
Nicklasss

Re: 2 Italian reds

Post by Nicklasss »

I’m totally charmed and impressed! I will look formore Piedmont wines!
Attachments
Congratulation Gaja!
Congratulation Gaja!