Hey Gerry, those Celtics are looking good, anything interesting going on in the New Hampshire stores?

JimHow

Hey Gerry, those Celtics are looking good, anything interesting going on in the New Hampshire stores?

Post by JimHow »

Seems like the Granite State went quiet with the 2019 vintage, if so that was a big mistake....

If the Celtics stay healthy, we could be in for a(nother) banner!
Gerry M.

Re: Hey Gerry, those Celtics are looking good, anything interesting going on in the New Hampshire stores?

Post by Gerry M. »

Hey Jim,

Sadly, they did go light on 2019. I inquired with Concord and got a lot of bad info on timing of arrivals which really infuriated me. The shelves in Nashua are relatively barren with the exception of some overpriced 17's and 18's.

For some good news, they started a new 20% Europe sale today and I picked up the last two bottles of 19' Montrose for $143ea along with a lone 19' Cantenac Brown and a couple of 19' La Gaffeliere. The rest of the case I filled out with some Italian wines.

I'm not buying as much as I used to but NH hasn't seen any classified 2020's yet.

I"ve read all the glowing comments on the 2019 Meyney and did see it at one of my Mass haunts and plan to clean them out when I can get there. Not sure of the price but they are usually very sharp on their pricing.

The Celts are playing at such a high level right now it's scary. Their dominating play is a almost a throwback to the 80's. Time will tell if the can fullfill that expectation.
JimHow

Re: Hey Gerry, those Celtics are looking good, anything interesting going on in the New Hampshire stores?

Post by JimHow »

Thanks G, I'll probably pop down to Portsmouth on Wednesday and see if there's any interesting French wines in stock. I left those two Montrose for you in Nashua, I have 15 bottles of 2019 Montrose, that should last me a while. I think there are a few bottles left in Portsmouth but I'll hold off on more.