Encyclopedia of Pomerol Wines (Japanese website)

esl

Encyclopedia of Pomerol Wines (Japanese website)

Post by esl »

I don't see that this has been posted before. But thought some would enjoy perusing the pictures of labels and the info. This site is in Japanese(with some French) and some links are broken or require a password to get to. It does not look like it has been updated for about 10 years.

My Japanese reading skills are poor but to help those that have no understanding of Japanese, I have linked to the index of estates. If you click on the estate's name it will take you to a page that shows labels and gives info; owner's name, size of estate, the percentage of grape varieties, average age of the vines, and if it is or has a second label.

There's quite a few I have never heard of. Some may no longer exist or likely are never exported (even out of Pomerol? some are so tiny)

https://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~m-m-c/pomerolwine.html
greatbxfreak

Re: Encyclopedia of Pomerol Wines (Japanese website)

Post by greatbxfreak »

I don't think it is recent and updated.

F.i. Vieux Chateau Bourgneuf no longer exists; it is now Clos de Beau Pere.
esl

Post by esl »

greatbxfreak wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 pm I don't think it is recent and updated.

F.i. Vieux Chateau Bourgneuf no longer exists; it is now Clos de Beau Pere.
Agreed, as I wrote 'It does not look like it has been updated for about 10 years." and "Some may no longer exist..." I still thought it interesting for the listing, info and historic labels.

Re: Clos de Beau Pere. it is listed under Beau-Père (le Clos du)
esl

Post by esl »

greatbxfreak wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 pm F.i. Vieux Chateau Bourgneuf no longer exists; it is now Clos de Beau Pere.
Izak,
I thought it was Château Ratouin that became Clos du Beau-Père and that Vieux Château Bourgneuf was one of three properties that were merged into Château Fayat.