TN: 2 Superb 2007 Chateauneuf Q/P wines Durieu Lucile Avril

HarryKaris

TN: 2 Superb 2007 Chateauneuf Q/P wines Durieu Lucile Avril

Post by HarryKaris »

I am in CdP now and had my book presentation last Wednesday. Very happy that the winemakers are very pleased with the results. After having breakfast with Robert Parker tomorrow I will leave and travel back to The Netherlands.

I know there are so many darned good 2007 CdP's. I have tasted both wines several times this week and must say they impressed me very much. Especially when you know I tasted all 2007 'grand vins' in CdP this week.

The 2007 Durieu Lucile Avril is a gorgeous wine, rich on the palate with superb concentrated fruit and complex and intense mid palate and never ending finish. A wine to drink now or keep for several years.....but it will be difficult because it already gives you so much pleasure.....best Durieu wine ever!!

While the latter is made from 80-120-year-old vines, the age of the Terroir is about 15-20 years. This is a wine that will surprise many wine lovers in a blind tasting. Very dynamic with plenty of creamy kirsch and spicy licorice. High intensity, extremely well balanced with a funky, lush ad very sexy finish, a wine you will be able with to conquer the most beautiful girl (or young man) in your wildest dream!!
Rick

Re: TN: 2 Superb 2007 Chateauneuf Q/P wines Durieu Lucile Avril

Post by Rick »

Harry

the 2007 Domaine Durieu Avril you refer to a Reserve or is it 2007 Domaine Durieu Cuvee Lucile Avril Proprietary Blend?

I have been reading your book and carrying it around to show wine geek friends and sharing the weblink with others
Everything one would ever want to know about CdP and great pictures

I have bought a quiet a number of 07 S Rhones
this weekend I picked up
07 D. Janasse regular CdP, Chaupin and the VV
the regular is a very nice wine and just gets better in the glass
the VV I have not finished but i am struggling getting 98 pts or $105 out of this
The Chaupin , 07 Vieux Donjon and the 07 Cristia will need to wait until next weekend

I am hearing in Chicago that the top CdPs are flying off the shelves and are allocated in small numbers? Anyone else hearing that - wonder if it is a technique to get good prices on the first shipments

Rick